• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

They're going to let him off easy, guaranteed. The NFL is a very close-knit entity and the owners have each other's backs. They need to because you never know what's coming next to their own team and would need other owners to rally around them. It is a real shame if this perv gets off easily with just a 6 game suspension.

If they weren't, his attorney would not be preparing us for a soft landing with rationale like the Johny Depp comparisons...the whole saga stinks to high heavens.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
They're going to let him off easy, guaranteed. The NFL is a very close-knit entity and the owners have each other's backs. They need to because you never know what's coming next to their own team and would need other owners to rally around them. It is a real shame if this perv gets off easily with just a 6 game suspension.

If they weren't, his attorney would not be preparing us for a soft landing with rationale like the Johny Depp comparisons...the whole saga stinks to high heavens.
Well it obviously shouldn't be the NFL's job to be the morality police for our society. They already promote organized violence on a daily basis. That's what football is.
Reality is there's no punishment "harsh" enough, short of a lifetime ban, that will appease people. If you think what he did is totally outrageous, a 1-2 year suspension won't be enough.
If you're like most who simply won't care, it doesn't matter what the length of the suspension is.
My guess is he's get suspended for a year, perhaps appealed down to like 12 games or something, and then everybody moves on.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS?!?!

1. Wagner is on a year-to-year contract basically. He only got $10M guaranteed. He'll probably be there for one, maybe two years, of that deal.
2. Robinson's is basically a two year, $30.75M deal, and has two void years on the back-end.
3. Donald's deal is effectively two years of guarantees. He'll be year-to-year after that.

So basically all three of those players could be gone by 2024.
Kupp's deal almost certainly won't start getting expensive until then.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The fact that we got Hollywood brown before Deebo, DK, Terry, and Aj brown in the 19 draft is so painful
hindsight is 2020. That being said, Hollywood played extremely well in our system and was one of the better receivers in the league until Lamar went down.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
1. Wagner is on a year-to-year contract basically. He only got $10M guaranteed. He'll probably be there for one, maybe two years, of that deal.
2. Robinson's is basically a two year, $30.75M deal, and has two void years on the back-end.
3. Donald's deal is effectively two years of guarantees. He'll be year-to-year after that.

So basically all three of those players could be gone by 2024.
Kupp's deal almost certainly won't start getting expensive until then.
yep, all about the structure of the deal

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This whole Watson situation gets worse and worse by the day. Now the Houston Texans are being named as defendants as it seems they knew and played a part in his behavior.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Damn..... even Virginia wants nothing to do with Snyder.

Update: The Maryland Governor chimed in. So Snyder literally tried to pit the entire DMV area against one another to get a new stadium built and all three declined. Guess it's time for the London Commanders? St. Louis Commanders? San Diego Commanders?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This whole Watson situation gets worse and worse by the day. Now the Houston Texans are being named as defendants as it seems they knew and played a part in his behavior.

This shit is going to derail the entire league if they are not careful in how they deal with his shit. What bothers me is they were unanimous in the Ray Rice saga (I didn't disagree with the decision at the time), but considering their pussy footing around this serial sexual deviant bothers me. They need to be swift and punitive in the punishment they mete out to Watson.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This shit is going to derail the entire league if they are not careful in how they deal with his shit. What bothers me is they were unanimous in the Ray Rice saga (I didn't disagree with the decision at the time), but considering their pussy footing around this serial sexual deviant bothers me. They need to be swift and punitive in the punishment they mete out to Watson.
The league pussy-footed around on Ray Rice until they got the video. The video changed everything. Doesn't make sense why, but that's how the public reacts.
Find a video of Watson shooting his load on an un-wanting masseuses back, and I guarantee they act faster.