• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Drew Brees' response as he says he is undecided on his future. He may still work with NBC in some capacity, he may come out of retirement or do other things.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not a good look for Deshaun Watson, he touched her inappropriately then had the nerve to ask her if she wanted to work with him again?! Sicko! He should never play football again but because the NFL likes their criminals... he will.

Last week, Watson testified in one of the pre-trial depositions that a massage ended with the therapist crying, according to Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today. Watson also admitted that he sent her an apology via text message.

"Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable,” Watson texted. “Never were the intentions. Lmk if you want to work in the future. My apologies.”

Asked why he sent an apology, Watson testified: “Yes, because she was teary-eyed. And I was trying to figure out what was going on. So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason. And we talked about working in the future. And so, I said, `We can work in the future. Just let me know.’ And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.”

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a good look for Deshaun Watson, he touched her inappropriately then had the nerve to ask her if she wanted to work with him again?! Sicko! He should never play football again but because the NFL likes their criminals... he will.

Is it that the NFL likes their criminals, or that society likes it criminals?
The NFL is in the money making business. That's what they should like.
I bet I won't see a sharp decline in viewership once Watson suits up either. Guess the public only cares when its convenient for them to do so...

JO_75

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Dom McRaven @RavensMania

Apparently when you steal money from the league and other owners, that is the straw that breaks the camels back. Owners are apparently counting votes to remove Dan Snyder as the Owner of the Washington Commanders. It would need 24 of 32 votes in order to remove him.

@Dom McRaven @RavensMania

Apparently when you steal money from the league and other owners, that is the straw that breaks the camels back. Owners are apparently counting votes to remove Dan Snyder as the Owner of the Washington Commanders. It would need 24 of 32 votes in order to remove him.

Is this legitimate though? Are they really going to remove him? Im sure we all know some Wash fans that would rejoice

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Commanders spent $100M on land in Virginia for a new domed Stadium.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or could have moved everything to after the Super Bowl....

Maybe, but you're also punishing some teams for 3-4 weeks, minimum, to wait around to hire people they were already going to hire and weren't impacted by games being played.
All of this is kind of comical to me. If a team is fixated on a certain coach from a certain team for the job, there's a good chance they'll wait as long as it takes to hire them.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
MLB set the standard with their 324 game(2 seasons) of Trevor Bauer. So a 34 game Suspension to send a message to Watson.

1. Bauer's suspension is highly likely to be reduced, and probably reduced significantly, in my opinion. MLB actually did it "right", because they just levied an absurdly harsh punishment (one could argue not-at-all reasonable), because they knew they'd end up in arbitration and likely get overruled or mediated to a lower number. NFL has done this before also. That way they can't publicly be accused of being "soft" on the punishment, all while the punishment is reduced anyway.
2. A two year suspension by the NFL would certainly send a message, though I'm not sure it's a good one. All we really know about the case is that it involved consensual sex, many allegations, and a criminal proceeding no court room would touch, because they have very little proof of anything.
Most importantly... I think inarguably there have been worse crimes committed by players, both through DV and other methods, that have received weaker punishments.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
More Raiders news..... or at least good news for former Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden. I definitely don't agree with what he said in the emails but his emails were the only ones leaked out of 1000 emails. Let's hope the discovery process forces the NFL to release the other emails, let's see what they are hiding. What other owners, or team personnel are hiding, I mean if they covered for Dan Snyder then what else does the league not want us to know. They sat on those Gruden emails for 10 years..... let's see the rest of them.