• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@RavensMania Maybe Red Wolves is still a possibility now. New Owner, name I say.

imo this would be good news. Stupid name that you can't shorten outside of calling them the Commies...lol.

They shouldn't keep the name that was connected to Snyder anyway. I don't think Red Wolves could be used due to trademark issue with other teams that would limit their ability to use the name. I think Redtails was the best option. Supposedly this was the name that came in 2nd in a nationwide graphic design contest. The name honors the Tuskegee Airmen, a unit of all African-American pilots in a segregated United States military during World War II that famously painted the tails of their planes red.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Raiders should just cut their losses and tank. Can't believe they still signed him to that big contract despite this.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh boy.... maybe the NFL shouldn't have gotten in bed with all these gambling partners.

I have a hard time feeling that bad for these players. They were told the rules about gambling, and should realize why the NFL has to be strict about it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate how many people are like, "But they're sponsored by gambling sites!" So, two things here. First off, players in a league betting on games of that league can basically be looked at like insider trading. Making money deals that potentially screw over others based on non-public information. Secondly, no league is going to want it to look like players are influencing the outcome of games for money. That type of scandal could cost the NFL millions. Even a small shred of evidence can do a lot of damage. And now that they're sponsored by gambling organizations they have to be extra careful with the image, and more proactive in shutting it down before we end up with the NFL's version of Pete Rose.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not only is Isaiah Rodgers stupid, but he bet $1,000 on the over/under of rushing yards by a Colts running back.... yep betting on his own team. I'd really want to know if he bet the over or under and if he actually won his bet lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

NFL owners voted unanimously on Thursday to approve the sale of the Washington Commanders franchise to a partnership led by Josh Harris from former owners Dan and Tanya Snyder, the league announced.

Now this is great for the league and Commanders fans.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL owners voted unanimously on Thursday to approve the sale of the Washington Commanders franchise to a partnership led by Josh Harris from former owners Dan and Tanya Snyder, the league announced.

Now the Commanders can Trust the Process like the 76ers!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Now the Commanders can Trust the Process like the 76ers!
Now the question is: will Harris change the Commanders name to something else or will it remain?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

You thinking about becoming their fan? Again?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Now the question is: will Harris change the Commanders name to something else or will it remain?
he's not making any sweeping changes immediately...which is the smartest thing he could do.

First thing Snyder did was fire every person connected to the previous owner Jack Kent Cook and install his own people who knew nothing about running a franchise.

In time i believe the name will be changed.