• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 14 Discussion (The Final 4)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Divisions need to die and i have said this for years. Make it like the NBA or like rugby league over here. Top 6 teams from each conference quaify for playoffs.

No I mean scrap divisional games altogether. Everyone in one conference goes against eachother.

The 2010 Seahawks showed why you should keep divisions. I get both sides, but you never know what could happen... Except for when Hawks or Niners have to go to Dallas/Philly. They'll beat the shit out of the whoever they play, but the Seahawks showed even a team with a bad record can show up. Part of what makes football great. The real complaint is all the prime time games these bums get.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
No I mean scrap divisional games altogether. Everyone in one conference goes against eachother.
No way sir! Divisional games are the essence to the competitive nature of the league. If anything, if a divisional winner has a worse record than a Wild Card team, the Wild Card team should be able to host the playoff game.

Pats

Veteran
The 2010 Seahawks showed why you should keep divisions. I get both sides, but you never know what could happen... Except for when Hawks or Niners have to go to Dallas/Philly. They'll beat the shit out of the whoever they play, but the Seahawks showed even a team with a bad record can show up. Part of what makes football great. The real complaint is all the prime time games these bums get.
I do get that, but seriously, a 7-9 team getting home advantage over someone with i think it was a 11-5 record in that game? Totally unfair. And hell even the crappy jets have beaten the cowboys, but that doesnt mean they deserve an any given sunday chance as well

Pats

Veteran
No way sir! Divisional games are the essence to the competitive nature of the league. If anything, if a divisional winner has a worse record than a Wild Card team, the Wild Card team should be able to host the playoff game.
That would at least make more sense, like if san fran or seattle end up with 12 wins, and have to play on the road philly or dallas? Thats garbage.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's all about the ratings.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with this if it comes from a team that had a week SOS, like anyone in the NFC East. However, if they had played a strong SOS and ended up 7-9, then I believe the 7-9 team should have the home field advantage. That being said, divisions need to exist.