• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 14 Discussion (The Final 4)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well Rams win, they seem to be back to their 2018 form and now we have a crappy NFC East game tomorrow night to end the week. Is it Thursday yet?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Lamar Jackson the MVP already folks? Come on now! What more do these pundits like Collinsworth need? In every statistical category he's the best QB in the league by a mile, even forgetting he'll beat Vick's record Thursday!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I want to know how many garbage yards these QBs really have? Wilson, Prescott, etc. As far as I can tell, Lamar doesn't have too many of those because he's sat out 4 - 4th quarters already!

i think you could argue he has had 1 garbage time td - maybe 2 possessions at a stretch - the browns snead td drive is the only one that comes to mind obviously as garbage time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is Lamar Jackson the MVP already folks? Come on now! What more do these pundits like Collinsworth need? In every statistical category he's the best QB in the league by a mile, even forgetting he'll beat Vick's record Thursday!

yeah and on the day he had one of his worst 2/3 games of the season it was still better than the equivalent performance russ put up in primetime...

not sure how lamar doesnt win it at this point given what's left in the regular season (and MVP is a regular season award)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I want to know how many garbage yards these QBs really have? Wilson, Prescott, etc. As far as I can tell, Lamar doesn't have too many of those because he's sat out 4 - 4th quarters already!

i think you could argue he has had 1 garbage time td - maybe 2 possessions at a stretch - the browns snead td drive is the only one that comes to mind obviously as garbage time

I think you could also argue that LJ has played 4 quarters less than both Wilson and Prescott due to not playing the 4th quarter in 4 games.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agreed! I thought I made that exact point in my post...
you absolutely did. I was saying that if the games were closer and he played those quarters he would likely have 4 more quarters of touchdowns, that weren't garbage time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
With the Eagles secondary the way it is, I can totally seeing them losing this game and Eli having a revenge game of sorts in his farewell from the Giants.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Giants are on the board first, oh boy. Yeah there's a good chance the winner of the NFC East is 6-10 or 7-9, absolutley pathetic.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Eagles just lost Alshon Jeffery who is being carted to the locker room, the Eagles need to overhaul their receiving core in 2020. Wentz has nobody to throw to.