• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've got to find a way of signing Roquan to multi year contract. Just watched quite a bit of film on him, I am completely blown away. He is a unique, incredible player.
amen. He is easily one of the better defensive players in the league. For players as pivotal as him, price should not be a factor. I say we pay him between 18-20M annually and lock him up long term. We must, otherwise he'll be gone as we have to reserve the franchise tag for Lamar's eventuality. In an ideal world, I would like to get Lamar locked up first, so we can franchise tag Roquan and see what he can do in 2023 before signing him long term.

Would love to see us involved here. We may not have the passing offense he is interested in and that may be enough to deter him from coming here but as far as cap space goes. All of those teams are in the same general vicinity as us. According to spotrac:

Bucs - $3,679,924
Packers - $8,026,871
Bills - $702,632
Rams - $5,130,424
Chiefs - $4,014,214
Ravens - $2,325,281

This also doesn’t take into consideration that any of these teams could manipulate the cap with void years and such.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The more I watch roquan, the more I LOVE the move (and I wasn't sure at first)
if we ever meet derrick Henry again I am far less scared. In fact this guy is an awesome Mixon and Chubb anti weapon too. Not to mention Josh Allen. When we are on our game, I don't think anyone can dominate us.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The more I watch roquan, the more I LOVE the move (and I wasn't sure at first)
if we ever meet derrick Henry again I am far less scared. In fact this guy is an awesome Mixon and Chubb anti weapon too. Not to mention Josh Allen. When we are on our game, I don't think anyone can dominate us.
He already got pancaked by a qb so id take josh allen out that mix lol

• Haha
Reactions: cdp

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can feel it right now, our defense is going to feed off Roquan's bully attitude. Not since Ray have we seen his like.

I'll say it right here, this was a more important acquisition than a receiver. Our D has been too soft at times.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I can feel it right now, our defense is going to feed off Roquan's bully attitude. Not since Ray have we seen his like.

I'll say it right here, this was a more important acquisition than a receiver. Our D has been too soft at times.
It's been soft as shit. It was a very big and important move for us. It's just unfortunate we had 2 big and important moves we needed. At least we got 1