• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ricard is legit a weapon and I love the ricard jokes in Roman’s offense and all but I wouldn’t mind seeing ricard be a raven lifer as long as his snap count starts representing that of a fb lol. He’s 1of1 he just happens to play a low value position, the good news for us though is that there aren’t gonna be teams lining up to take him away from us

Ricard is the poster child for our "Play Like A Raven" mantra. Goes out there every single week, does whatever is asked of him, and just makes life miserable for anyone he's blocking. I'll definitely miss this dude whenever we decide to move on

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you’re gonna have a fb, might as well have an absolutely elite fucking war elephant of a man who moves at an ungodly clip for his size
True that. I love Ricard. The guy is a monster of a man lol

I do think Clark is gone (seems obvious) and I could see a scenario where Queen is also gone as rmc also stated. Kind of felt this way when we acquired Smith, felt it more after Queen broke out with Smith, and even more when Smith got extended. We will never keep 2 LB long term and I found it funny the Queen question. What do you expect DeCosta to say? Yeah we plan on moving on from Queen? What an idiot reporter.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I do think Clark is gone (seems obvious) and I could see a scenario where Queen is also gone as rmc also stated. Kind of felt this way when we acquired Smith, felt it more after Queen broke out with Smith, and even more when Smith got extended. We will never keep 2 LB long term and I found it funny the Queen question. What do you expect DeCosta to say? Yeah we plan on moving on from Queen? What an idiot reporter.

way too many yes-no questions from the reporters in that room

too many questions asking if we're gonna keep/trade certain players rather than just asking harbs or EDC how they evaluate certain positions and players and likely getting pretty open and illuminating answers (like when asking about Peters)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Yeah Eric had to navigate that one lol, and did it in classic ravens brass fashion “we wanna sign all the great players we can”

Tank

Hall of Famer
Or we don’t need or want a FB. At some point we may want the roster spot more than the money. It’s not always about the cap savings. I like Ricard just saying it’s possible and depends on the new OC. If they don’t employ a FB then he becomes expendable

Eh, he's a great blocker, special teams player, and has pretty good hands as a check down option. Honestly he probably brings more than some other borderline guy that doesn't even dress up for games.

If you’re gonna have a fb, might as well have an absolutely elite fucking war elephant of a man who moves at an ungodly clip for his size

and it's not like there isnt a use for this sort of guy who's proven to be a unique weapon

just because he's not a WR and doesnt make huge plays in the passing game doesnt mean a non-Roman OC is gonna toss him away

And in a pinch he can play D line. For me keeping Pat is a no brainer.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
way too many yes-no questions from the reporters in that room

too many questions asking if we're gonna keep/trade certain players rather than just asking harbs or EDC how they evaluate certain positions and players and likely getting pretty open and illuminating answers (like when asking about Peters)
I loved the Hensley "Godfather Death Stare" Eric was giving out to Jamison. I will not be surprised if we hear of his [Jamison] body floating in the Inner Harbor in a few weeks.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
He makes some pretty strange faces. lol
He is taking over from Dexter, but only in real life. Those smacking lips, those dangerous eyes, that smirk, that sideways glance at Harbs... Chilling and noisy as two skeletons fucking on a tin roof at the south pole.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
EDC definitely has serial killer eyes too

and he's proved it in his trades

He makes some pretty strange faces. lol

He is taking over from Dexter, but only in real life. Those smacking lips, those dangerous eyes, that smirk, that sideways glance at Harbs... Chilling and noisy as two skeletons fucking on a tin roof at the south pole.
EDC has always struck me with mob boss vibes. Definitely looks like someone who has the goons to run "errands" for him. His wife and kids run the perfect cover. Overall nice family with the kids enjoying video games, football, etc. while the wife roots on the team and players like us fans do lol.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDC has always struck me with mob boss vibes. Definitely looks like someone who has the goons to run "errands" for him. His wife and kids run the perfect cover. Overall nice family with the kids enjoying video games, football, etc. while the wife roots on the team and players like us fans do lol.
To me, he has always looked like an assassin for the mob that only uses knives to do the killing. Also, he is rumored to have a dick that sticks out of his pants and polishes his shoes.

JAAM

Hall of Famer