• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Ok so called the Mustipher signing.

The wishlist is now:

Adrian Amos
MP
Ionnidis / Clowney
Justin Houston

I think 2 of those names get added, possibly 3, but I'd doubt it. My money is on Amos and Houston.
Seems Amos is one where we have an offer out at our price and if he wants it, it's there for him. Sounds like he has higher offers though. Not ruling it out by any means of course.

CB still has a host of solid options out there. Guessing they ride it out for awhile to let the young guys get their shot, but you might see a move if the options start dwindling.

DL is another one where there are a host of solid options. Wormley, Harris, Hicks, etc. Guessing they're looking for a guy closer to the minimum here.

Houston seems like a given, but if not, the edge rusher market is still stacked. Another one where you let the young guys get the reps early and make a move after minicamps if you feel the need.

first clip is ridiculous lol
what does this guy want him to do???
fields had so long to throw ultimately...

second clip is obviously dominant haha - got wrecked

The second clip is just as you said getting wrecked by a good player. It happens… can’t win them all

But that first clip had me laughing. Reminded me of when you play madden and a player does this exact shit… nothing! Lol dude ran around looking absolutely lost. At least hit somebody! Dude ran by like 5 different players and didn’t block anyone. Just a bad look

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Reddit comment on Mustipher lolol

"In my 15 years of watching the Bears I have watched a ton of bad lineman and bad centers

This guy is the worst Center I have ever seen in my life and should never see the field. I really hope you guys have a other good Center because I would pray for Lamar if this guy ever starts

Edit: Only thing he does well is stay healthy so I will give him credit for that"

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'd probably get roasted by Bears fans for saying this, but I like the Mustipher pickup. Absolutely not a guy I want starting but OL play across the league is in shambles and he's a solid backup option considering the alternatives. Seems he's a guy that the fanbase collectively just hates and skews the view overall.
Bears fan hate him but there are also quite a few saying he'll be okay as a back up. I hope they're right because I like the idea of a back up C with the size to play Guard.

If someone else shows they can snap consistently, he might not even make the 53 at all.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Reddit comment on Mustipher lolol

"In my 15 years of watching the Bears I have watched a ton of bad lineman and bad centers

This guy is the worst Center I have ever seen in my life and should never see the field. I really hope you guys have a other good Center because I would pray for Lamar if this guy ever starts

Edit: Only thing he does well is stay healthy so I will give him credit for that"
Who was that Center we had from the Bears a couple of years ago?

If Mustipher is worse than him, we might be in trouble.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At Guard, yes. At Tackle, it was a question of how of your QB could live/survive with Hurst in the lineup.

He’s improved with the saints at tackle - but yes definitely preferred at guard

He’s like the opposite of mekari who you’re happy with at guard but looking to not have play guard if you can - difference is mekari also has C versatility

But there’s a reason hurst is still in the league and playing significant snaps

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s improved with the saints at tackle - but yes definitely preferred at guard

He’s like the opposite of mekari who you’re happy with at guard but looking to not have play guard if you can - difference is mekari also has C versatility

But there’s a reason hurst is still in the league and playing significant snaps
Agreed. The fanbase thinking Hurst sucks as a player makes no sense whatsoever.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Agreed. The fanbase thinking Hurst sucks as a player makes no sense whatsoever.
There a long tradition of perfectly acceptable Ravens players that the fans, seemingly unanimously, hate and just as many similar players they like.

I've never really understood how it gets decided which average player will be liked and which hated. eg. Despite years of solid play, Chuck Clark never quite got over being categorized in the 'bad' camp early in his career, whereas despite two ugly years from Tyre Phillips, fans were predicting a starting role right up until he got cut, because he landed in the 'good' camp early. Does it come down to the round they were picked, maybe?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There a long tradition of perfectly acceptable Ravens players that the fans, seemingly unanimously, hate and just as many similar players they like.

I've never really understood how it gets decided which average player will be liked and which hated. eg. Despite years of solid play, Chuck Clark never quite got over being categorized in the 'bad' camp early in his career, whereas despite two ugly years from Tyre Phillips, fans were predicting a starting role right up until he got cut, because he landed in the 'good' camp early. Does it come down to the round they were picked, maybe?
Its more like solid yrs from hollywood and not so good play out of chuck clark. Brown got more hate than clark ever did.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hurst gets hated because people blame him for Joe's torn ACL.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Its more like solid yrs from hollywood and not so good play out of chuck clark. Brown got more hate than clark ever did.
True. I think the Hollywood hate started when Deebo, AJ Brown, Metcalf and McLaurin emerged and got worse after the Soulja tweet.

Nobody ever mentions that NKeal Harry, Arcega-Whiteside, Paris Campbell and Andy Isabella also went in the top 2 rounds of that draft, making Hollywood about a par pick.