• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cap wise it won't matter. Once the season starts, everybody counts against the cap. Active roster, injured players, practice squad, etc.
Rule of 51 only applies during preseason.
the entire offseason through preseason. I'm sure that is what you meant though.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
the entire offseason through preseason. I'm sure that is what you meant though.
Right. August 26th is the last preseason game, and I believe August 30th is the final roster cuts. So without looking at the cap calendar, I would imagine teams need to be compliant by that time or shortly thereafter.

So effectively, by September, every player who is on the roster, regardless of whether its active, injured, PS, etc. counts against the salary cap.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Right. August 26th is the last preseason game, and I believe August 30th is the final roster cuts. So without looking at the cap calendar, I would imagine teams need to be compliant by that time or shortly thereafter.

So effectively, by September, every player who is on the roster, regardless of whether its active, injured, PS, etc. counts against the salary cap.
It would be the Tuesday following the last preseason game at 4pm, which is August 29th this year. The same day that roster cuts are also due. Twenty-four hours later the PS can be set.

Last year the day roster cuts were due was Tuesday August 30th at 4pm.

btw, it's also only a single cut down day this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol.

the forum mock is a training ground for scouts. The front office should pay close attention to the Forum Mock

JO_75

Hall of Famer
lol.

the forum mock is a training ground for scouts. The front office should pay close attention to the Forum Mock
I've always been curious how to get into scouting, would love to see the inner workings and what the scouts are looking for when watching film. How they can tell if someone isn't going to be good, a can't miss prospect, etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've always been curious how to get into scouting, would love to see the inner workings and what the scouts are looking for when watching film. How they can tell if someone isn't going to be good, a can't miss prospect, etc.
Mt. Crushmore became a scout at a university. Just can't remember which one.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'll give you a tip - if he walks like a duck, QB is a bust (Baker Mayfield).