• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It doesn't seem to be anything like that. It's a physical issue... just a disagreement on the physical issue and the severity. What my guy essentially said is that Tyus wants to feel 100% before he goes out there, and while the Ravens recognize that there is an issue, it's not one they think should prevent him from playing.

And I'll say, it's hard to disagree with the Ravens in this instance. Not like Tyus is walking around on torn ligaments. An injury like he has, rumored to be some sort of sprain, should not take an entire season to heal.
No matter how you look at it, the situation is very strange. Thankfully Van noy and Clowney have filled the gap, otherwise this would be a much bigger deal with fans MFing Tyus and reporters bugging John about it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ummmm idk how to feel about this.. big truzz or nah?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It doesn't seem to be anything like that. It's a physical issue... just a disagreement on the physical issue and the severity. What my guy essentially said is that Tyus wants to feel 100% before he goes out there, and while the Ravens recognize that there is an issue, it's not one they think should prevent him from playing.

And I'll say, it's hard to disagree with the Ravens in this instance. Not like Tyus is walking around on torn ligaments. An injury like he has, rumored to be some sort of sprain, should not take an entire season to heal.
I see both sides. The only real question I have is whether the Ravens are paying him or not. Based on the CBA, they're not required to pay people who are on the NFI list. Teams frequently do, but its not a requirement.

If he's not getting paid, its a pretty dumb move on his part. Not only is he not getting paid this year, but he pretty much knows it exponentially increases the chances of him getting cut next year, and he has no shot of making anything close to that on the open market.
If he is getting paid (which I suspect he may be), then he's probably smart to sit out.

Simba

Staff Member
I see both sides. The only real question I have is whether the Ravens are paying him or not. Based on the CBA, they're not required to pay people who are on the NFI list. Teams frequently do, but its not a requirement.

If he's not getting paid, its a pretty dumb move on his part. Not only is he not getting paid this year, but he pretty much knows it exponentially increases the chances of him getting cut next year, and he has no shot of making anything close to that on the open market.
If he is getting paid (which I suspect he may be), then he's probably smart to sit out.
He’s not. The Ravens have been getting a cap credit all season. Confirmed via Brian McFarland and whatever cap resource he uses directly from the NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He said he is good for 3-4 games, if the contender wants him.
With our rb situation, if we could sign him in week 17, ramp him up til the playoffs, if we get a first round bye he’s got 3 weeks to ramp up and then 3 weeks to play on the freshest legs he’s had in his entire adult life

Idk what it means for mark ingram to play on fresh legs at his age, but van noy and clowney gave us a monstrous 6 weeks or so before tapering off some, if he can do something similar, with him just being who he is, man it’s intriguing…. Now of course we don’t even discuss if Keaton is healthy

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
With our rb situation, if we could sign him in week 17, ramp him up til the playoffs, if we get a first round bye he’s got 3 weeks to ramp up and then 3 weeks to play on the freshest legs he’s had in his entire adult life

Idk what it means for mark ingram to play on fresh legs at his age, but van noy and clowney gave us a monstrous 6 weeks or so before tapering off some, if he can do something similar, with him just being who he is, man it’s intriguing…. Now of course we don’t even discuss if Keaton is healthy
Was thinking the same thing about KVN and JDC

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'd do it. A huge bump to already great team vibe alone would be worth it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i do like you guys optimism cause its no way id wanna see ingram in the backfield. Id love his bench presence but him actually running the ball? I dnt think that would do us any good at all
Yeah I’m really afraid of how many wasted snaps we would have with him just running into a DTs outstretched arms and going down after a gain of 1

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i do like you guys optimism cause its no way id wanna see ingram in the backfield. Id love his bench presence but him actually running the ball? I dnt think that would do us any good at all

Yeah I’m really afraid of how many wasted snaps we would have with him just running into a DTs outstretched arms and going down after a gain of 1

id definitely rather melvin gordon lol

So, you're not about that truzz?

Simba

Staff Member
Does look like we're at the point where some veterans might be shuffling on and off practice squads for the stretch run. We've only got 4 of our 6 veteran spots on the PS filled currently so I'd expect some movement in the coming weeks to add depth.