• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He just cursed himself. Sorry Watson, you can guarantee a sb never comes your way now.

lucky for us there is no Kodak black curse

Wrong,

Drake is repping the Ravens heavy right now lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That true a lot of the rushing leader are 1st or 2nd rnd picks. But it's also likely that teams give their rbs more snaps if they were drafted high.
Gus Edwards, Lindsey, Aaron Jones, Raheem Mostert, Chris Carson, Marlon Mack and Austin Ekeler are good counterarguments.
It's just value-wise smarter to draft other positions in the 1st rnd.
Id rather draft a great Rb than lets say a great wr. I feel like that stigma should be placed on wrs more than rbs. If a rb like barkley was present in this draft, we dnt pass on him.. now someone like swift, then yea , maybe we could draft better value and find somone just as decent in later rnds. I guess it all depends on how good the player is i guess, but i also feel like great rbs can help your team much more than great wrs. It takes a team to lock down a great rb..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Id rather draft a great Rb than lets say a great wr. I feel like that stigma should be placed on wrs more than rbs. If a rb like barkley was present in this draft, we dnt pass on him.. now someone like swift, then yea , maybe we could draft better value and find somone just as decent in later rnds. I guess it all depends on how good the player is i guess, but i also feel like great rbs can help your team much more than great wrs. It takes a team to lock down a great rb..

i mean the giants clearly made a mistake when they took barkley though - their team is still bad despite taking barkley - if they'd taken literally anyone else at the top of that class, their team would be better - he's a great RB but the impact of a great RB is not even as good corner or edge rusher or tackle or wr or DT or basically any other position except maybe TE - even LB or safety would probably have had a bigger impact on their team success than barkley

the other problem is that a back who is better got taken a whole round later (nick chubb) and other backs who have close to comparable impact on their team can be had way down the draft class every year... or even as udfas

barkley's a great back but im not taking a RB in the first over a premium position unless the talent gap is astronomical and at that point im probably trading down

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Curious what y’all think. With jimmy and Tavon both coming back.. who’s our starting outside CBs? Does jimmy take a backseat and play a reserve role for Humphrey to start? Or harbs pull that loyalty / vet card where he favors the older players.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Curious what y’all think. With jimmy and Tavon both coming back.. who’s our starting outside CBs? Does jimmy take a backseat and play a reserve role for Humphrey to start? Or harbs pull that loyalty / vet card where he favors the older players.

that's exactly what happens - keep the all-pros on the outside - have tavon in the slot and jimmy can come in and play the odd series in relief, can come on the field in quarters looks, and is cover for any injury because of marlon's versatility to move inside

we're not 5 deep like we had to be last year (in summation) with the injuries but we are back to 4 deep and probably a better group of 4 than the 4 we had on the roster for most of last year

but jimmy was CB 3 last year and doesnt have slot versatility albeit he can trail if needs be - would be a great matchup at this point in his career vs a physical tight end who gets split out...

i doubt he gets used like brandon carr last year on the back end though - that's not where jimmy's strengths are but he might see some dime looks depending on what personnel we see from the offence