• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That Jefferson to the Ravens news is going to feel like being born again.

It will feed families
"It will feed families." I see this phrase used so often online I'm so curious where it came from LMAO.

That being said, Jefferson will look MUCH better in our purple.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
y he say dis

1710185539530.jpeg

Simba

Staff Member

yeah no way he or onwenu are gettable at that rate lol

20m/yr for hunt is wild haha

I was told it was $12-15M/year earlier which is just fine to stomach nowadays. Guessing Carolina had to blow someone out of the water to get him.

I'm more than okay being out of that race lol

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So don't even try?
All they gain by trying is tying up their free agency that they know they have a 0% chance of signing and that even if they did they have to give up 2 1s to get after giving a record deal. So basically tank your season if you are ATL because you know you have a 0% chance of getting the player and now you missed the first wave and have to settle for scraps and still do not have a QB.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't for the life of me understand how you can pay Cousins not that amount and not go for La*** when he may have been available.

Insane. 100 guaranteed?
I mean, again, "available" wasn't really a thing. Lamar wasn't available.

And there are MASSIVE differences between the Cousins deal and the Lamar deal.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah his contract works out to $45M a year. While Lamar's deal was $52M a year. Just baffling, a little extra money for Lamar. The two 1sts would have been worth it... insane and stupid.
Uh... its not a little extra $. There's a $35M gap in the gtd $ just at signing, and about $80M gap in real guaranteed $.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah remember 2019 when we tried for Bell, "settled" with Ingram and set a NFL rushing record without Bell? This is what I feel will happen. We'll watch guys like Barkley, Jacobs, Henry and others all sign for massive deals while we "settle" for a Zack Moss or a rookie RB and get the same or even better production compared to the Eagles, Packers and whoever signs Henry.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah remember 2019 when we tried for Bell, "settled" with Ingram and set a NFL rushing record without Bell? This is what I feel will happen. We'll watch guys like Barkley, Jacobs, Henry and others all sign for massive deals while we "settle" for a Zack Moss or a rookie RB and get the same or even better production compared to the Eagles, Packers and whoever signs Henry.
Except we never tried for Bell at that time

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Except we never tried for Bell at that time
I'm more so just saying how not to get discouraged by them signing anywhere else or if we settle for someone else. It's going to work out fine for us, the money being spent on RBs is money I'd rather use to keep our own players or improving the OL. So hopefully we are able to bring in one of the top guards like rumored.