• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I dont think The Ravens can afford to trade Judon. Who would ideally play the sam linebacker role? Not only that but The Ravens would be giving up their best pass rusher for who ?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd rather us go with Queen or Ruiz Day 1. This is such a deep WR class that I think well find more value on day 2 for WR than for LB and Oline. We have 4 picks on day 2 which is crazy to think
it is a very deep draft, but the run in WRs is going to drain the options by pick 55, unless we trade up in the 2nd.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We re-signed Chris Moore. I think we can all agree that Chris Moore is a special teamer - rosters are expanded from this season on, so it does make sense to sign a couple true special teamers.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I thought Chris Moore would have been better off going to another team but he still a solid special teamer. Wish he got more opportunities on offense last year but it is what it is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t mind re-signing Moore. He’s an excellent STer but should never see the field on offensive drives pending an injury. Also, is it true Judon got ZERO sacks last season while we rushed 4 or less?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t mind re-signing Moore. He’s an excellent STer but should never see the field on offensive drives pending an injury. Also, is it true Judon got ZERO sacks last season while we rushed 4 or less?

i did analysis of all 9.5 of his sacks somewhere on this forum - the majority were 5 man pressures

now that being said we blitzed around 50% of the snaps last year so 50% of his potential pass rushes had 5 man pressures - you're looking at limited opportunities to even rush as part of a 4 man rush

his win rate was high, his double team rate was low, but he also graded as the best pass rusher in the league (i think by PFF if i am recalling correctly) with the blitz which is a skill - you still have to win when your team sends extra numbers...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bynes to Cinci

He only signed a one year deal with them, I'm curious how much he got paid. I haven't found anything on his contract numbers yet but it seems that if the Bengals didn't go overboard, I don't see how we didn't match.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He only signed a one year deal with them, I'm curious how much he got paid. I haven't found anything on his contract numbers yet but it seems that if the Bengals didn't go overboard, I don't see how we didn't match.
Smokescreen. Now everybody will be sure we're drafting Murray

Simba

Staff Member

According to Jeff, sounds like things never got serious with Bynes. Seems like he was maybe a fallback option at best.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon is not worth more than what Za'Darius got last year. There are better ways to spend 15-17m
I would gladly give Judon the same contract as ZaDarius. Ravens would agree to it in half a second. He got $20M guaranteed, which is chump change. That's how much we gave Calais Campbell basically.

ZaDarius only got his signing bonus guaranteed... he has nothing in terms of multi-year guarantees.

Everybody gets caught up in the AAV... half the time that doesn't matter at all. I get Judon for $16.5M a year AND only have to guarantee a year of it? Yes please.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
According to Jeff, sounds like things never got serious with Bynes. Seems like he was maybe a fallback option at best.

would suggest therefore that we have an answer in mind at mike linebacker already... either they think it's LJ, peanut who they're trying to re-sign or Chris board or otaro alaka - or they know they'll be getting a starter in the draft somewhere which is a gamble even with a first round pick

or there's a random free agent we hadn't considered

We needed an experienced marquee ILB but thats off the table now, so we either pick one up from the trashheap or draft someone who can hopefully be our signal caller.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We needed an experienced marquee ILB but thats off the table now, so we either pick one up from the trashheap or draft someone who can hopefully be our signal caller.

we have our signal caller already tbf in chuck clark - that's not going to change given that chuck is clearly one of the best communicators on our team and certainly one of the smartest players on this defence too

im looking at the free agent leftovers and all im seeing are guys like nigel bradham would protect any comp pick we might obtain too because he's a cap casualty (declined option)

alec ogletree, mark barron, reggie ragland - i wonder how much any of these guys would cost given that the market's gone very quiet - and didnt really even start particularly loud at LB...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
would suggest therefore that we have an answer in mind at mike linebacker already... either they think it's LJ, peanut who they're trying to re-sign or Chris board or otaro alaka - or they know they'll be getting a starter in the draft somewhere which is a gamble even with a first round pick

or there's a random free agent we hadn't considered
Or they'll trade Judon to Jets for CJ and a pick

Simba

Staff Member
we have our signal caller already tbf in chuck clark - that's not going to change given that chuck is clearly one of the best communicators on our team and certainly one of the smartest players on this defence too

im looking at the free agent leftovers and all im seeing are guys like nigel bradham would protect any comp pick we might obtain too because he's a cap casualty (declined option)

alec ogletree, mark barron, reggie ragland - i wonder how much any of these guys would cost given that the market's gone very quiet - and didnt really even start particularly loud at LB...

Bradham, Peanut, and Woodyard are really the only 3 left that I even have a little bit of interest in. If you do one of the first 2, you're still in need of a MIKE as both would likely play the WILL. At least with Bradham, you can trust him as the solo LBer on the field in nickel since he can actually cover. Woodyard is on the older side but could be a good insurance policy if you can get him close to the minimum.

You might be able to sell me on something like a Jake Ryan injury flyer, but that's much more of a camp body type of signing than anything substantial so I won't count that into the above.

With all of that, I'm not overly interested in any. Would like a vet for insurance but I have no doubts we're looking toward the draft to fix that spot.