• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
At what point does a free agent sign with a new team and it doesn't count towards comp picks?

Clowney better not screw us.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm almost sure it's largely coach speak, but some FA nuggets from Harbaugh's owner's meeting presser this morning...

Excited about Trenton Simpson getting the first shot at replacing Queen

Wants Kolar to play more inline TE, anticipates the position as a whole will become a larger part of the offense

Want Bateman and Flowers to step up at WR

He'd like Dobbins or Cook back in the RB room, but is content rolling younger if needed

Optimistic that both Clowney and Van Noy will return

Vorhees is good to go

Josh Johnson is the backup, Cunningham will get a chance to compete for the job

Moses and Beckham were both decisions based on cap

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm almost sure it's largely coach speak, but some FA nuggets from Harbaugh's owner's meeting presser this morning...

Wants Kolar to play more inline TE, anticipates the position as a whole will become a larger part of the offense

He'd like Dobbins or Cook back in the RB room, but is content rolling younger if needed

Vorhees is good to go

There are three guys on my radar.

Bateman needs to step up this year. Enough is enough.

Ojabo, year 3. I feel like we would not feel the need to bring back Van Noy and Clowney if this guy was available. When he is on the field he flashes and I can def see the talent.

Oweh. Again we would not feel the pressure to bring back both Noy and Clowney if this guy produced at a higher clip. He did have 5 sacks but for me that is not enough.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There are three guys on my radar.

Bateman needs to step up this year. Enough is enough.

Ojabo, year 3. I feel like we would not feel the need to bring back Van Noy and Clowney if this guy was available. When he is on the field he flashes and I can def see the talent.

Oweh. Again we would not feel the pressure to bring back both Noy and Clowney if this guy produced at a higher clip. He did have 5 sacks but for me that is not enough.
Ojabo/Oweh are different types of players than Van Noy. Van Noy rarely lines up as an edge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Vorhees is good to go

notably mentioned that we have a young player to step up at RT when talking about Moses and then specifically talked about seeing if he could lock down the RT job
not saying that Faalele is ready but seems to be clear that Faalele is the guy they're hoping can win that job rather than just having Mekari be the de facto RT - they're gonna give him a chance to fail before pivoting off him

also was later

obviously draft could change everything of course

also mentioned that Josh Jones is a very left-sided player (as in has spent most of his time at LT and LG) - think he may well be the LT backup but think he's also gonna get a chance in that LG spot

again obviously draft could change everything

but we've got lots of depth options right now to fill out the OL however we want with lots of position flexibility in the group currently on the team

also seemed to be some suggestion that we might still be looking at adding a coach (potentially to replace Keith Williams i think but couldnt actually hear what he said to be sure)

JAAM

Hall of Famer
God dammit. I wanted Clowney back