• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Sigh

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow do we have a lot of holes to fill. Corner,o line, dline. linebacker, receiver.

Im sorry fellas but im not too confident about our chances this year to win it all. We had our chance this past year and blew it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Wow do we have a lot of holes to fill. Corner,o line, dline. linebacker, receiver.

Im sorry fellas but im not too confident about our chances this year to win it all. We had our chance this past year and blew it.
I don't buy this line of thinking at lb. We have guys. They just have to step up. As far as defense, we're essentially where we were last year around week 2 of preseason. We spent a 1st on Oweh, 2nd on Ojabo. The plan was to have Simpson to take over and Tavius should improve. At db all we lost was depth technically.

Yall can't be mad at Clowney. He played for peanuts last year and the offense failed him. People will switch jobs over 5k and are mad at a man over millions lol

Last edited:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't buy this line of thinking at lb. We have guys. They just have to step up. As far as defense, we're essentially where we were last year around week 2 of preseason. We spent a 1st on Oweh, 2nd on Ojabo. The plan was to have Simpson to take over and Tavarius should improve. At db all we lost was depth technically.

Yall can't be mad at Clowney. He played for peanuts last year and the offense failed him. People will switch jobs over 5k and are mad at a man over millions lol
Oweh and Ojabo are BIG IF's right now. Where is the pass rush coming from now?? Losing Darby was terrible and Humphrey is constantly hurt.

Im not mad at Clowney , he got a great deal for his age.

At the moment I see our team as possibly missing out on the playoffs as currently configured. I could see Lamar running for his life on pass plays.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We currently are showing the following comp picks on overthecap https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

4th Patrick Queen
5th J. Clowney
6th Kevin Zeitler (cancelled out by Henry signing)
6th Geno Stone
6th John Simpson
6th Ronald Darby
7th Devin Duvernay
7th Gus Edwards

Phillips and Ott didn't qualify due to the amount

That being said we can only get 4 comp picks

Simba

Staff Member
We currently are showing the following comp picks on overthecap https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

4th Patrick Queen
5th J. Clowney
6th Geno Stone
6th John Simpson
6th Ronald Darby
7th Devin Duvernay
7th Gus Edwards

Could theoretically still sign 3 lower level FAs from other teams and still end up with our max comp picks. Ransacked this year.

Simba

Staff Member
Real talk though... we always make fun of dudes for taking the big money and signing with losing teams, but motivations are different. I will never blame a player for going close to home. When you think about it, it's wild that guys have to uproot their lives and move elsewhere based on a draft. If being close to home brings him comfort, all the power to him.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Real talk though... we always make fun of dudes for taking the big money and signing with losing teams, but motivations are different. I will never blame a player for going close to home. When you think about it, it's wild that guys have to uproot their lives and move elsewhere based on a draft. If being close to home brings him comfort, all the power to him.

For reals. EDC probably offer him 4-6 milly.

You telling me you not gonna take him 10 milly and be closer to home? Gimme that.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Real talk though... we always make fun of dudes for taking the big money and signing with losing teams, but motivations are different. I will never blame a player for going close to home. When you think about it, it's wild that guys have to uproot their lives and movem elsewhere based on a draft. If being close to home brings him comfort, all the power to him.
IDK, it’s completely normal for high earners in all walks of life to have to move away/around, and for sports pros it’s a comparatively short period of time. But it definitely bears more weight in making contract decisions later in a player’s career.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

4th Patrick Queen
5th J. Clowney
6th Geno Stone
6th John Simpson
6th Ronald Darby
7th Devin Duvernay
7th Gus Edwards

What happens to the remainder, do they combine to a better one?

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hope he puts it all in on RDDT and DJT 0DTEs and loses it all, then loses 32 games.

But yea I get it, but sometimes they clearly show they are in it for the money more than winning. Again I get it. But Mosley and maybe Clowney now with his incentive dance then not strip sacking Mahomes for us, and Queen getting mad at fans, sometimes it rubs you the wrong way.