• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I mean if we are calling his start to 2023 really strong than we are saying 10-12 NFL QBs had a really really strong start to 2023. If we are arguing he belongs somewhere in that group from 11-17 in terms of QBs then sure I would grant that but I would also not be paying huge money to those QBs, which is also why I would not have paid Goff.

It does not seem unreasonable to say that the highest paid QB in football should have, in just one season at least,, looked like a top 10 QB in football.
Feels like a case of reading the box score and not watching Jaguars games, which I can hardly blame a Ravens fan for (not watching games), bit Ravens fans should be aware of how deceptive box score scouting is.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I am just hoping Ronnie has a better year and can stay healthy. I think Voorhees may end up as our starting LG.
After watching the Vorhees interview from a few weeks ago you could tell he was hyped, extremely well prepared and all about business. I believe he's going to be a special one for us for a long time.

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels like a case of reading the box score and not watching Jaguars games, which I can hardly blame a Ravens fan for (not watching games), bit Ravens fans should be aware of how deceptive box score scouting is.
The biggest indictment of him as a QB comes from watching the games (with the amount I gamble I better be watching the games). Yes the turnovers in the statline are very very bad (think he has the most of any player over the past 3 years without any of the TDs Josh Allen has to compensate), but watching the games there is nothing he does that a dozen other guys cannot do as well without the turnovers to go with. Basically if not for his draft stock and hype nobody would consider him anything more than a league average starter, based purely on how he has played.

There are knocks on all of the top 10 QBs, who are not Mahomes, but for all of them they have at least played for a full season at a top 10 level and you can point to that full season of work and go "yep this is the level of play that if we can recreate we can make/win a Super Bowl with".

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I mean if we are calling his start to 2023 really strong than we are saying 10-12 NFL QBs had a really really strong start to 2023. If we are arguing he belongs somewhere in that group from 11-17 in terms of QBs then sure I would grant that but I would also not be paying huge money to those QBs, which is also why I would not have paid Goff.

It does not seem unreasonable to say that the highest paid QB in football should have, in just one season at least,, looked like a top 10 QB in football.
He is only 23-24 and going into his 4th year! In two years jags probably wont be able afford him. If this was his 5th yr going into his 6th, id be a little worried about the deal buts he only going into his 4th. Shit baker got 3yr 100 million surely a younger and more talented qb is worth 150m more than that

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The biggest indictment of him as a QB comes from watching the games (with the amount I gamble I better be watching the games). Yes the turnovers in the statline are very very bad (think he has the most of any player over the past 3 years without any of the TDs Josh Allen has to compensate), but watching the games there is nothing he does that a dozen other guys cannot do as well without the turnovers to go with. Basically if not for his draft stock and hype nobody would consider him anything more than a league average starter, based purely on how he has played.

There are knocks on all of the top 10 QBs, who are not Mahomes, but for all of them they have at least played for a full season at a top 10 level and you can point to that full season of work and go "yep this is the level of play that if we can recreate we can make/win a Super Bowl with".
I used to hate herbert like his first few yrs because i felt like i was the only one that use to watch his games and see him throw ints every 2nd half to give away games for my money lol.. this must be how you feel about lawerence.. lawerence does fuck up but i can see him getting a little better like how herbert did this past season

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Basically if not for his draft stock and hype nobody would consider him anything more than a league average starter, based purely on how he has played.
I actually think it's turned into the opposite.

I know a lot of people were very fatigued with the talk of Lawrence being the next great thing coming into the NFL (he was considered THE guy since high school, so there was several years of build up going on here) and I think people are VERY quick to root against Lawrence because they're so eager to be right that he shouldn't have been the "next Luck" type prospect.

I'm probably biased as a Clemson fan, but watching Lawrence, he's just a really solid quarterback who has had to shoulder a much larger amount of the responsibility to be the savior for a franchise that's generally pretty damn poor (obviously, seeing as most first overall picks don't go to amazing situations.) Like I said, he played amazing the second half of 2022 and had a great start to 2023 before the injuries to himself and Kirk caught up.

If he and the team can stay healthy (I don't know how big of an ask this is), I think he could definitely have a year where he'll make the Pro Bowl, at least, and be in conversations as a top starter in at least the AFC.