• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Inqui

[profanity deleted]. You beat me to it! Oh well, I'm just gonna ignore your post and inform the rest of the PurpleFlock we signed McPhee.

Hey guys, looks like we signed McPhee to a one-year deal.

For posterity's sake, I've decided to give you the credit for breaking this amazing story (that has been talked about ad infinitum) first.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
For posterity's sake, I've decided to give you the credit for breaking this amazing story (that has been talked about ad infinitum) first.
Thank you. My sources has said that this has been in the works for quite some time and it was only a matter of time before the inevitable happened.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
McPhee hopefully won't be playing as much as last year, but he gives us much needed depth and competition for the spot opposite Judon

Charm City

Pro Bowler
WHy not Logan Ryan to fill in the Carr role?
At some point we need to see what Tavon can give us. We're paying him a large amount of money and we have no clue what we're getting for it considering he's had two major injuries. We have at least three high quality corners plus Tavon so I would want that money spent somewhere else, if we even have it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
At some point we need to see what Tavon can give us. We're paying him a large amount of money and we have no clue what we're getting for it considering he's had two major injuries. We have at least three high quality corners plus Tavon so I would want that money spent somewhere else, if we even have it.
Exactly. I was thinking about Tavon this morning and was wondering myself. It would be nice for Mink or Garrett to have a zoom call with him.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Just bringing up stunts is a major point since I dont recall seeing our dline ever really do it in general it was basically our LBs with Judon and Clark as an example and now with guys like Campbell, Wolfe and Jihad Ward with our 2 rookies theres gonna be a lot more shifting and stunting which is gonna give us more sacks. Wink's gotta be having a ball just on designing plays.

On Judon might as well just let him play out on a 1 yr deal which provides us with a lot of options ie comp pick, trade for draft pick, extension or even another tag ( which I hate btw ).
I don't think people realize how important it is to have someone who can run stunts with you. It's a big deal and it's helped plenty of guys have amazing careers. Thats not even the cusp of it all, it's very important to have someone next to you who can do the dirty work and get deep in the backfield. If Wolf and Campbell can live up to expectations then I think we're bound to see the very best in Matthew Judon.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I get this wild feeling that Lamar Jackson is the type of player that may actually take a team friendly deal as long as it is fair. He is a Brady fan and understands that Brady took less to keep great teammates (sure Kraft fucked him over) but I believe the Ravens will treat Lamar right but Lamar in turn will treat the Ravens right. He will never pull a Dak Prescott type deal with the Ravens. Again, if he does expect the moon, we must pay him and he won't be wrong but just a feeling.
I wouldn't depend on that. He's a humble person but we haven't seen anyone do that, regardless he will take up a large portion of the cap.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
We're getting McPhee back for a year.

This is great, he gives us edge setting abilities. He was having a good year prior to his injury and I hope he can return to that level. Not disrespect but Ferguson has a long way to go in terms of setting the edge. Same can be said for Bowser. Hopefully he can stay healthy cause if so this will be an under the radar signing that pays big dividends.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly. I was thinking about Tavon this morning and was wondering myself. It would be nice for Mink or Garrett to have a zoom call with him.

Football is rhythm and health based. Tavon has hardly played in 4 years. He was a solid Slot corner. I don't think he's even as good as post injury webb IMO.

Logan Ryan would be a superb pickup. hes durable, consistent and a better player than tavon and can play multiple positions.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Football is rhythm and health based. Tavon has hardly played in 4 years. He was a solid Slot corner. I don't think he's even as good as post injury webb IMO.

Logan Ryan would be a superb pickup. hes durable, consistent and a better player than tavon and can play multiple positions.

there's a reason logan ryan is still unsigned and there's a reason that even with his price likely being so low the titans dont want to bring him back...