• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's a reason logan ryan is still unsigned and there's a reason that even with his price likely being so low the titans dont want to bring him back...

maybe he's weighing his options. I've always seen him as a super solid football player.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Football is rhythm and health based. Tavon has hardly played in 4 years. He was a solid Slot corner. I don't think he's even as good as post injury webb IMO.

Logan Ryan would be a superb pickup. hes durable, consistent and a better player than tavon and can play multiple positions.
I would say that all sports are rhythm-based which is why players go on hot and cold streaks and momentum is a thing. The point is we can assume that he won't be the same, but we need to see to be sure, and we have the luxury of a strong secondary with or without him to inform our decision to retain him for next year based on his performance.

ronnie's great and i think he's that good but tbf that stat is pressures (total) not pressure rate and obviously ronnie didnt face as many pass snaps as other tackles in the league did last year

still an incredibly impressive achievement - just some added context

Stanley '19: 1.28% pressure rate
Ogden '06: 1.57% pressure rate
Whitworth '14: 1.58% pressure rate
Anderson '06: 1.98% pressure rate

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So I’ve been watching a lot of last season recently, and the one thing that concerns me is the loss of Hurst. He had arguably the best hands on the team. I’m extremely excited for Dobbins and believe he can make a greater impact than Hurst ever could in Baltimore, but who’s going to replace Hurst’s hands? Will we be counting on the two rookie WRs a lot?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So I’ve been watching a lot of last season recently, and the one thing that concerns me is the loss of Hurst. He had arguably the best hands on the team. I’m extremely excited for Dobbins and believe he can make a greater impact than Hurst ever could in Baltimore, but who’s going to replace Hurst’s hands? Will we be counting on the two rookie WRs a lot?
Rookie WRs have dropped 1 pass for college career. Together.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Those rookies have great hands as a calling card lol

Hayden I think is going to be harder to replace as a blocker than a passer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe he's weighing his options. I've always seen him as a super solid football player.
Players don't spend two months "weighing their options". It means they have options, but none of them are in the price range the player was actually looking for.

See Clowney, Jadeveon.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Happy to have Pernell back in the fold. Such a versatile defender. Line him up inside next to Campbell to rush, have him rush outside. He's a weapon vs. Rush and pass.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Happy to have Pernell back in the fold. Such a versatile defender. Line him up inside next to Campbell to rush, have him rush outside. He's a weapon vs. Rush and pass.
Great edge setter too. We need that because we thin on run stuffers on the edge. Even if he isn't the pass rusher he used to be, he's still productive against the run.

Im happy to have him back, thats good value considering we need rock solid edge setting.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'm hoping that we do a better job of limiting his snaps this season so we can keep him healthy for the long haul. It would have helped us a lot to have him in our playoff game against the Titans. Definitely glad to have him back though.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No more defensive snaps for Ricard, only offense.

with all the DL additions i think that's a given (except in gameday emergencies if they ever occur) but not sure he and hayden are similar enough in terms of their responsibilities in the running game and pat doesnt create the same matchup problems because he's not a receiving threat except on really short designed rumbles