• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

A1A

Veteran
Scared to throw challenge flags...doesn't listen to his veteran players, out coached ALL THE TIME.. lol ego over team...I mean its sickening.

A1A

Veteran
Harbaugh is great! The best coach we ever had! I sure do hope we don't trade him for a 1st round pick, I'd be so upset!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Scared to throw challenge flags...doesn't listen to his veteran players, out coached ALL THE TIME.. lol ego over team...I mean its sickening.
Well we always hear about former players recommending the Ravens to free agents who sign here, so he's gotta be doing something right

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And also remember he wanted to be the big man on campus, the shot caller. Well so far what has he done for us?? If it wasn't for Lamar this team would have rebelled. If it wasn't for Kubiak season Flacco would have been gone sooner. I mean we hit gold with Tucker. Take all those things away what has he done coaching wise?
I think you could apply this logic to about 30 of the 32 coaches in the league at this point.

Like what's Mike Tomlin done?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Btw I know that, what I'm saying is he wouldn't even give him a shot tho. I know he wouldn't..seen it before. I know the type of guy he is.
I wouldn't have given him a shot either. He's a JAG in terms of players in this league, and clearly is majorly screwed up in the head.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh doesn't like ruff necks, if he had his way he would have cut/traded Suggs and Reed. You know guys from the hood that be in the clubs etc..
Probably would have been a good move. Neither of those players were very productive towards the ends of their careers here, and that certainly played out when they both left and were subsequently out of the league entirely shortly thereafter.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well we always hear about former players recommending the Ravens to free agents who sign here, so he's gotta be doing something right
I think the only two players in the history of this franchise that left unhappy were Osemele and Pollard with the former being mad he wasn’t paid as a Tackle and the latter just having his ego shattered and still spewing nonsense on Twitter about Harbs instead of moving on his with his life. Pollard is hardheaded and can never be wrong.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the only two players in the history of this franchise that left unhappy were Osemele and Pollard with the former being mad he wasn’t paid as a Tackle and the latter just having his ego shattered and still spewing nonsense on Twitter about Harbs instead of moving on his with his life. Pollard is hardheaded and can never be wrong.
Well and Boldin to a certain extent. Though to this day I'll never understand why fans thought that was such a big deal.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well and Boldin to a certain extent. Though to this day I'll never understand why fans thought that was such a big deal.
What happened with Boldin other than him saying he’ll retire if the Ravens cut or trade him?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
What happened with Boldin other than him saying he’ll retire if the Ravens cut or trade him?
I wouldn't say it was anger. From what I recall, he wasn't happy over being traded on what was basically a $2M negotiation, and I think he found out through the media instead of from the team I believe.

But again I think the media and the fanbase played up that discord far more than it actually happened in real life.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What are we talking about? I keep seeing posts about this and that player but no context, it looks like posts have been deleted lol