• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
200.gif

we've still got 2 53 man spots to fill - im assuming 1 will have to be for a CB but no idea who that could possibly be at this point

it's so disheartening when we have to add 2-3 guys to the 53 man roster every week

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've still got 2 53 man spots to fill - im assuming 1 will have to be for a CB but no idea who that could possibly be at this point

it's so disheartening when we have to add 2-3 guys to the 53 man roster every week
We are decimated with so many injuries , its very depressing. Gotta say I thought Lamar was gonna get hurt in the Pats game its been so bad.

Reactions: cdp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

We are decimated with so many injuries , its very depressing. Gotta say I thought Lamar was gonna get hurt in the Pats game its been so bad.
SHADES OF 2014, BOYZ!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
we've got 5 CBs on I/R right now

we've only got 4 CBs on the active roster - 1 of them was injured and couldnt play this weekend, and 1 of them has only been a raven for a week

it helps that the 2 healthy guys are all-pros but we have been decimated at that position especially
Proves my point. Ironically, that season we faced the AFC South in the same format: at Texans, at Colts, vs. Titans, vs. Jaguars (not in that order though).

Simba

Staff Member

It'll be interesting to see what they do, considering they only went with 52 on the roster last week. Could be a case where they'll get to 53 but don't feel the need to actually fill up the 53 man roster to do it. Keep that flexibility in place unless necessary. We know Averett is coming back in the next couple of weeks so that's one spot where they'd potentially have to expose someone to waivers (pending no injuries of course).

We know at least 1 TE is coming up and possibly 2. Like we did with Dorsey and Bonds early, I wouldn't be shocked to see us rotate the 3 we have for a few games before committing to someone.

I think we'll see what happens at CB, and it's highly dependent on Jimmy. We've been running 4 on the active roster for the last several games and wouldn't think someone like Hairston or Brooks is really going to make a difference.

We know Dez is going to be back up again - is this the week? You know he's taking a 53 man spot at some point so this could be the opportunity there as well.

DL is also a position to watch against Derrick Henry and Williams and Campbell on the mend. We only have one on the PS (Aaron Crawford) but is he good enough to make a difference?

I think even OL is a spot to watch. Harbaugh seemed displeased and there could be shakeup coming. Could Skura go out and put Mekari at C and Powers at RG? If so, maybe Prince or Holden come up. Or do we make an example out of Fluker again and sit him down?

It does make you wonder why some guys are still on the PS though (namely Holden and Hairston). We've been light at those positions for weeks now and they still haven't gotten a call. That would lead you to believe they aren't all that good, so why are they still here? Depth is nice but not if it's bad depth.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think even OL is a spot to watch. Harbaugh seemed displeased and there could be shakeup coming. Could Skura go out and put Mekari at C and Powers at RG? If so, maybe Prince or Holden come up. Or do we make an example out of Fluker again and sit him down?

rewatching some of the OL play in the 2nd half I think Mekari's going to be starting at RT this week - he looked good and natural moving in that spot... obviously he's got the negative that his arms havent got any longer since college but he was notably a good pass protector in college at tackle and his footwork still looked good in that spot on Sunday

I think the OL we see starting against the Titans is probably the one that finished against the Pats... Orlando, Bozeman, Skura, Powers, Mekari

this is the chance for Powers to prove himself too - he's been notably out of the competition for a starting spot since the offseason started despite showing some good things to finish last year - this is his chance to actually start stacking reps to make himself part of our future plans on the interior

Simba

Staff Member
rewatching some of the OL play in the 2nd half I think Mekari's going to be starting at RT this week - he looked good and natural moving in that spot... obviously he's got the negative that his arms havent got any longer since college but he was notably a good pass protector in college at tackle and his footwork still looked good in that spot on Sunday

I think the OL we see starting against the Titans is probably the one that finished against the Pats... Orlando, Bozeman, Skura, Powers, Mekari

this is the chance for Powers to prove himself too - he's been notably out of the competition for a starting spot since the offseason started despite showing some good things to finish last year - this is his chance to actually start stacking reps to make himself part of our future plans on the interior

Really nothing to lose with shaking things up at this point. Chemistry really isn't a thing so see what you got heading into next year. I'm doubting Skura is back so maybe Mekari and/or Bozeman start getting some reps there to see who the future C is. Maybe Bredeson starts getting some time to see what he's got. Powers looked good in his one game last year, and despite his reportedly terrible TC, no harm in giving him the opportunity now. I'd prefer Fluker not see the field again unless absolutely necessary. Hell, I'd consider cutting him if they feel confident that Prince and/or Holden could step in and do about the same.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really nothing to lose with shaking things up at this point. Chemistry really isn't a thing so see what you got heading into next year. I'm doubting Skura is back so maybe Mekari and/or Bozeman start getting some reps there to see who the future C is. Maybe Bredeson starts getting some time to see what he's got. Powers looked good in his one game last year, and despite his reportedly terrible TC, no harm in giving him the opportunity now. I'd prefer Fluker not see the field again unless absolutely necessary. Hell, I'd consider cutting him if they feel confident that Prince and/or Holden could step in and do about the same.

i feel like fluker is good enough (given the state of our OL depth) to go back to being the swing tackle in case of emergencies in-game but yeah i dont particularly want to see him on the field again - definitely not as a starter

I wonder if there's a possibility that given the state of the OL whether Tyre Phillips is an option at tackle... i know he didnt take any reps there in training camp but he played LT for his whole college career... which is more recently than any other OL has taken snaps at tackle...

Simba

Staff Member
i feel like fluker is good enough (given the state of our OL depth) to go back to being the swing tackle in case of emergencies in-game but yeah i dont particularly want to see him on the field again - definitely not as a starter

I wonder if there's a possibility that given the state of the OL whether Tyre Phillips is an option at tackle... i know he didnt take any reps there in training camp but he played LT for his whole college career... which is more recently than any other OL has taken snaps at tackle...

You know, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I do think Phillips has some potential at G and should continue to get work there, but for the rest of this year, it might be best to just let him stick as a T. Not sure he's regaining the starting spot when he comes back from injury and I think he can help us a lot more as a swing T for now.

A1A

Veteran
So after hearing the news about DeAndre Baker I was like wow wouldn't it be awesome for us to put him on our PS....but I knew Harbaugh would never let that happen.

Breaking news... The Chiefs sign Baker to their PS. Smh

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So after hearing the news about DeAndre Baker I was like wow wouldn't it be awesome for us to put him on our PS....but I knew Harbaugh would never let that happen.

Lmao wtf..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

We shouldve done it first tbh.. i thought we would jump on the first chance to do so

rossihunter2

Staff Member

idk how you turn every little thing into a failure by harbs... especially personnel decisions that arent down to him

but fyi he's only on the chiefs PS - if we actually wanted him we could still sign him to our 53 man roster...

A1A

Veteran
Well cause its been how long?? and for some reason everyone seems to forget his dumbarse decisions that cost us games/seasons. Blaming coordinators when he's the coach.

A1A

Veteran
Btw I know that, what I'm saying is he wouldn't even give him a shot tho. I know he wouldn't..seen it before. I know the type of guy he is.

A1A

Veteran
idk how you turn every little thing into a failure by harbs... especially personnel decisions that arent down to him

but fyi he's only on the chiefs PS - if we actually wanted him we could still sign him to our 53 man roster...
And also remember he wanted to be the big man on campus, the shot caller. Well so far what has he done for us?? If it wasn't for Lamar this team would have rebelled. If it wasn't for Kubiak season Flacco would have been gone sooner. I mean we hit gold with Tucker. Take all those things away what has he done coaching wise?