• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My opinion on Brown is if you can’t get two 1sts then you don’t bother trading him. I think most of us had the same thought? Probably won’t happen, which I also think everyone acknowledges. That said, if some team is crazy enough to do it then you make the move.

As for FA WR & pass rushers, I know that there will be teams with money but I also wonder if this unique offseason of dramatically reduced cap will help us too. I know we have a rather tight but workable cap but a lot of teams are in similar situations. As far as I can tell, we have 4 top free agents in Wolfe, Ngakoue, Judon, Bowser then have good talent we’d like to keep in McPhee and Ward to name a couple. I’m also sure Cullen swipes a few of our guys, and if I had to guess it would be Judon and Ward. I think we’ll find a way to bring back McPhee and Wolfe (although he could go too to JAX). That really leaves Ngakoue and Bowser as our true FA. I could definitely see some witchcraft cap moves happen to keep one or both but could just as easily see one or both leave too. Despite all of this, I just want to emphasize I don’t think the Ravens are at a significant disadvantage this offseason because a lot of teams are in similar or way worse. I think if we find guys we want we can find ways to get them.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
My opinion on Brown is if you can’t get two 1sts then you don’t bother trading him. I think most of us had the same thought? Probably won’t happen, which I also think everyone acknowledges. That said, if some team is crazy enough to do it then you make the move.

As for FA WR & pass rushers, I know that there will be teams with money but I also wonder if this unique offseason of dramatically reduced cap will help us too. I know we have a rather tight but workable cap but a lot of teams are in similar situations. As far as I can tell, we have 4 top free agents in Wolfe, Ngakoue, Judon, Bowser then have good talent we’d like to keep in McPhee and Ward to name a couple. I’m also sure Cullen swipes a few of our guys, and if I had to guess it would be Judon and Ward. I think we’ll find a way to bring back McPhee and Wolfe (although he could go too to JAX). That really leaves Ngakoue and Bowser as our true FA. I could definitely see some witchcraft cap moves happen to keep one or both but could just as easily see one or both leave too. Despite all of this, I just want to emphasize I don’t think the Ravens are at a significant disadvantage this offseason because a lot of teams are in similar or way worse. I think if we find guys we want we can find ways to get them.

I read a report that Bowser could get 10Mil/year... that’s insane to me. He has shown steady improvement but no way I’d like to retain him for that. At this point I hope we put the money towards Nkagoue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think there's no way we don't find a way to keep at least 1 of the "big 3" EDGEs - otherwise the cupboard is completely bare at that position and it would also severely limit our ability to be deceptive with out blitz packages if we dont keep at least 1 of bowser and judon

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I read a report that Bowser could get 10Mil/year... that’s insane to me. He has shown steady improvement but no way I’d like to retain him for that. At this point I hope we put the money towards Nkagoue.

I’m not so sure honestly about that because Bowser does a lot of stuff on our defense while Ngakoue is very talented at pass rushing but limited in run defense. He really isn’t comparable to anyone we currently have. Bowser is a bit like Judon in that you can move him around a lot but not on the line. For me the real problem is I think Bowser is a bit more valuable to our defense than Judson or Ngajoue and I would push to keep him over both at this moment. That isn’t to say not to keep Ngakoue but more of a statement that I would keep Bowser over Judon.
i think there's no way we don't find a way to keep at least 1 of the "big 3" EDGEs - otherwise the cupboard is completely bare at that position and it would also severely limit our ability to be deceptive with out blitz packages if we dont keep at least 1 of bowser and judon
I think it’s between Bowser and maybe Ngakoue. I don’t think we are interested in bringing back Judon but I could be way off. It’s not that we don’t want him but I think there are various factors at play and I’m not even thinking about his attitude. I do generally agree with you though that we will keep one of them and maybe both. I question Ngakoue’s value quite a bit. I would not be surprised if he finds himself in a situation like Clowney where he doesn’t get the market he wants and/or just takes another prove it deal since he didn’t do much this year and this offseason is unique with budgets.

Simba

Staff Member
Orlando seems to be dug in. He seems to be getting some very bad advice or he’s not listening to it. Dude would be playing LT next year but for some reason he wants to force it now.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s gonna happen if we get too greedy regarding Zeus Jr is we will have a holdout and miss out on any compensation for him. It’s best to not be greedy here, unless you want to be stuck between a rock and a hard place with him like other teams find themselves in when they become hard headed regarding a player

Simba

Staff Member
What’s gonna happen if we get too greedy regarding Zeus Jr is we will have a holdout and miss out on any compensation for him. It’s best to not be greedy here, unless you want to be stuck between a rock and a hard place with him like other teams find themselves in when they become hard headed regarding a player

Orlando has no leverage, though. He can be disgruntled all he wants. His options are to play RT for us or sit out the year and incur tons of fines if a trade doesn’t materialize. No reason to sell low. The team has all of the leverage.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Orlando has no leverage, though. He can be disgruntled all he wants. His options are to play RT for us or sit out the year and incur tons of fines if a trade doesn’t materialize. No reason to sell low. The team has all of the leverage.

also if he doesn't play he doesn't accrue a year...

just bizarre that it's happening like this - like how does he not see that if he truly only wants to play LT that his best bet is to knuckle down this offseason and double-down on the performance the last 2 years and then ride off to a better opportunity in free agency

i just really dont understand what the aim is here...

Simba

Staff Member

just bizarre that it's happening like this - like how does he not see that if he truly only wants to play LT that his best bet is to knuckle down this offseason and double-down on the performance the last 2 years and then ride off to a better opportunity in free agency

And if you are dead set, do what Hayden Hurst did. Don’t go public. That only makes things worse.

I don’t get it. Definite ego at play here which is really unfortunate after his draft process.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

God bless Zeus Sr, and RIP to a very excellent man. But was logic ever his strong suit either? I remember him making a VERY costly mistake before

rossihunter2

Staff Member
God bless Zeus Sr, and RIP to a very excellent man. But was logic ever his strong suit either? I remember him making a VERY costly mistake before

also weird talking to his son about playing left tackle vs right tackle - and weird that orlando would not have slightly changed his outlook based on the evolution of the NFL

i dont think there's anyone in the eagles organisation who would argue that Lane Johnson hasn't been the "man" in that room for a while now and no one ever suggested he should move to LT

Simba

Staff Member
also weird talking to his son about playing left tackle vs right tackle - and weird that orlando would not have slightly changed his outlook based on the evolution of the NFL

i dont think there's anyone in the eagles organisation who would argue that Lane Johnson hasn't been the "man" in that room for a while now and no one ever suggested he should move to LT

I can't imagine going to bed each night knowing you're 1 of the best 64 (and we know he's not close to the bottom) offensive tackles in the world and and then waking up being so dead set on a god damn side.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man I’ll be so upset if we trade Brown. I hope he just keeps his mouth shut and plays out the rest of his contract here. Love the dudes energy on the field

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don’t like that he’s killing his value to this level, one he looks like an egomaniac and teams might have a problem with it, and two if he looks like a holdout it drops his price dramatically. He’s being a real dick.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seems like he really wants to follow his dad's footsteps.....

Still don’t think he is going anywhere. No reason to trade the second best player on the line. He will play out next year on the right side and play well. Walk in 2021, we’ll get a comp pick in 2022.

Or he can sit out , not get paid , not accrue a year , and be in the same position next year. Ravens own all the leverage