• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We could've drafted derwin before we traded down the first time. But when we made our selection it was Ridley vs Hurst.
Jesus Christ Ozzie and his fucking trade downs

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We could've drafted derwin before we traded down the first time. But when we made our selection it was Ridley vs Hurst.

It's crazy how we traded down multiple times throughout the draft but there's not really anyone noticeable outside of Lamar and Orlando Brown and forgot DeShon was a 6th round steal for us that year. Drafting Kenny Young allowed us to get Marcus Peters, drafting Hurst allowed us to eventually get Dobbins, and Brown hopefully got us a future star in Oweh but we gathered all those picks and didn't really do anything with them.

It's crazy how we traded down multiple times throughout the draft but there's not really anyone noticeable outside of Lamar and Orlando Brown and forgot DeShon was a 6th round steal for us that year. Drafting Kenny Young allowed us to get Marcus Peters, drafting Hurst allowed us to eventually get Dobbins, and Brown hopefully got us a future star in Oweh but we gathered all those picks and didn't really do anything with them.

Mark Andrew’s is pretty decent

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well agree to disagree lol. Dobbins is on track to become an absolute fucking superstar lead back. Ridley is ideally a WR2 and a fringe pro bowler, and this is Greg Romans offense run by Lamar Jackson, who are we gonna get the mileage out of? If JK Dobbins leads the league in rush yards, YPC, and rushing TDs would any of us be surprised? If Ridley landed top 5 in the respective receiving categories it would probably be a career year for him and that’s in a top 3 most pass happy offense in the league on a team that almost never plays with a lead. Positional value, I get that, but that position simply doesn’t hold the same value for us, and as far as caliber of player goes, jk dobbins is on pace to be on a whole different tier of elite than a player like Ridley.

edit: checked stats after posting this, did not realize he was 6th in receiving yards this year.
Im sorry: no. Ridley is my fav non-raven wr in the league.
See above
I love it. It’s so refreshing to see instead of the same old body catching
I love how Bateman snags it, perfect catch form, he extends late, brings his hands to the ball, and cushions the ball as it makes contact, giving the ball a smooth transition from air to hands, like if you wanted to show a new receiver the textbook catching technique, batemans tape would be exhibit A

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I find it odd that you listed all these stellar values we landed from those trade backs, and then said we didn’t do anything with them

rossihunter2

Staff Member

eh?
that draft was insane even despite missing on Hurst (which turned into Dobbins)

Lamar
Andrews
Orlando
Deshon
Bozeman
Averett

and even zach sieler who earned a 2nd deal from the Dolphins

and on top of it all we got Gus Edwards as a udfa

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
also was one of only 2 WRs in the league to create more separation per route than hollywood in 2020
I’m not saying Ridley isn’t an excellent receiver, but Ridley appears to be well behind the firmly established elite tier with hop, Adams, diggs, and I’m expecting Jefferson to be there as well, he’s just not on those guys level imo. Dobbins on the other hand I’m expecting to be firmly planted in the elite tier of rbs as early as this season, an actual superstar rb, mcaffrey/cook/Barkley tier.

i say again, If dobbins led the league in rushing and YPC this year, would any of us be surprised? I damn near expect him to do it, he turns outside runs into track meets and absolutely pummels those who can even get in arms reach, and have we seen a successful open field tackle on him yet?

and the mileage we get from a player like that, compared to Ridley, is a night and day difference. We flat out wouldn’t use Ridley nearly as much as we should.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
eh?

Lamar
Andrews
Orlando
Deshon
Bozeman
Averett

In my view it ranks #2 behind 1996 and can upend it based on when Lamar becomes the greatest football player to play the game. If Michael Jordan would've come in the future, he'd be known as the Lamar Jackson of basketball!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not saying Ridley isn’t an excellent receiver, but Ridley appears to be well behind the firmly established elite tier with hop, Adams, diggs, and I’m expecting Jefferson to be there as well, he’s just not on those guys level imo. Dobbins on the other hand I’m expecting to be firmly planted in the elite tier of rbs as early as this season, an actual superstar rb, mcaffrey/cook/Barkley tier.

i say again, If dobbins led the league in rushing and YPC this year, would any of us be surprised? I damn near expect him to do it, he turns outside runs into track meets and absolutely pummels those who can even get in arms reach, and have we seen a successful open field tackle on him yet?

and the mileage we get from a player like that, compared to Ridley, is a night and day difference. We flat out wouldn’t use Ridley nearly as much as we should.

Ridley is on the Amari Cooper tier

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
eh?

Lamar
Andrews
Orlando
Deshon
Bozeman
Averett

I thought he was just being sarcastic.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jesus Christ Ozzie and his fucking trade downs
We wouldn't have Lamar or Orlando Brown, Jr. if it weren't for his trade downs. Trading down allowed us to acquire picks that allowed us to trade up for Lamar. He wouldn't have done it if we hadn't acquired those picks. Now he should have drafted Ridley instead of Hurst, but if he new that Andrews was going to be available in the 3rd he wouldn't have gone that route.

Wonder what route we would have gone if we drafted Ridley in 2019 or even 2021. It would have changed a lot.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
We wouldn't have Lamar or Orlando Brown, Jr. if it weren't for his trade downs. Trading down allowed us to acquire picks that allowed us to trade up for Lamar. He wouldn't have done it if we hadn't acquired those picks. Now he should have drafted Ridley instead of Hurst, but if he new that Andrews was going to be available in the 3rd he wouldn't have gone that route.

Wonder what route we would have gone if we drafted Ridley in 2019 or even 2021. It would have changed a lot.

Probably would have drafted Montez Sweat, assuming we kept the same exact pick spot

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Forgot about him too lol, and we have our new starting Center Bradley Bozeman who hopefully won't get Lamar killed in a crucial playoff game.
that 2018 draft was probably the top 2 or 3 drafts that Ozzie had, to think it could have been better with Ridley is incredible. However with Ridley, we wouldn't have Dobbins, but I'd take that tradeoff