• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sooo… who do you think we would’ve drafted then? Lol
you have to go back to the 2019 draft and our original draft selection being 22. We traded down three spots with Philly to get into the 25 selection and take Hollywood. I think Sweat may have been one of the choices at 22 or 25, but I also think they could have taken S Johnathan Abram or even G Cody Ford who they tried to trade up into the top of the 2nd round for. EDC said the cost was too much and held his ground in the 3rd. It's also possible we would have taken Josh Jacobs at that point. Of course we did just sign Ingram during the offseason, but it was pretty cheap contract.

You may be right though. We could have ended up with Sweat. It's also possible the Skins would have traded up with us instead of the 26th pick and we would have moved out of the 1st round and grabbed a 2nd round WR. There were plenty of good ones available in the 2019 2nd round.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i know we loved cody ford - idk how high he was on our board - but we tried to trade to come up high to get him despite not having a 2nd round pick - wonder if he was the guy at 25 if not hollywood

Thank GOD we didn’t draft him, let alone trade UP for him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i know we loved cody ford - idk how high he was on our board - but we tried to trade to come up high to get him despite not having a 2nd round pick - wonder if he was the guy at 25 if not hollywood
yes, definitely one of the options

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Check that attitude of yours, boy.

That being said, let's SPEAK THIS SHIT INTO EXISTENCE. Brother @JAAM , our next #SIIE target has been acquired!
I’m 100% on board with this, my brother. The Council has spoken. #SIIE

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn... wish this was known before the draft. Could have gotten him and used pick 31 at another position.

No thanks. I’d still take Odafe too, regardless of whether or not we got Chandler before the draft or not

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So I'm assuming Atlanta is not blown away by any offers if they are willing to wait to trade Julio. I mean they can't even sign their rookies because they have no cap at the moment. So perhaps we get him for a 5th lol.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I'm assuming Atlanta is not blown away by any offers if they are willing to wait to trade Julio. I mean they can't even sign their rookies because they have no cap at the moment. So perhaps we get him for a 5th lol.

I have no doubt that someone is offering a 2nd, considering the kinds of trades that happen for a 2nd, but they really really want a 1st, which I also get because first-round picks have the capacity to explode in value the way 2nds and 3rds cannot.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I have no doubt that someone is offering a 2nd, considering the kinds of trades that happen for a 2nd, but they really really want a 1st, which I also get because first-round picks have the capacity to explode in value the way 2nds and 3rds cannot.

I'm sure someone in the NFC West is willing to give up a first since they seem allergic to them lol.