• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yep, he was bad last year, per PFF. However the overall defense was worse also. He's not a huge signing, just depends on how much they have to pay him.

Exactly. Most definitely not bad depth to have. A la a a more accomplished LJ Fort

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
the last couple years, Fort has been better at both coverage and run defense. Atleast Fort can tackle.

Very good. I sometimes think these mid to late round ILBs never truly get a chance to show their greatness.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, check it out lol… I never look up baseball, so nothing in my search ever comes up baseball unless it clearly has to do with baseball. I literally typed Daryl Smith up, our ILB who did a pretty rock solid job in the NFL for a number of years with both us and Jacksonville, and guess who popped up first? Yep, the MLB great Daryl Smith, the one who appeared in one game and got the L, and only played a total of less than a month in the MLB. Case very very closed

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, check it out lol… I never look up baseball, so nothing in my search ever comes up baseball unless it clearly has to do with baseball. I literally typed Daryl Smith up, our ILB who did a pretty rock solid job in the NFL for a number of years with both us and Jacksonville, and guess who popped up first? Yep, the MLB great Daryl Smith, the one who appeared in one game and got the L, and only played a total of less than a month in the MLB. Case very very closed

Bing brought up the NFL Daryl Smith for me simply typing "Daryl Smith" so.........

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
C7075974-E1B9-4189-9597-4E72478267D6.png

Maybe it’s just Siri/iPhone going crazy… if so then I apologize, but it’s there

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
now you have MLB all over your feed. lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
yep, he was bad last year, per PFF. However the overall defense was worse also. He's not a huge signing, just depends on how much they have to pay him.
Well they inherit the contract Jacksonville signed him to last year, so the Steelers are paying him $7.3M this year.
Note though that he didn't get that much guaranteed money, and he has no guaranteed money or dead cap on his contract after 2021.
So if he sucks, its a one year, $7.3M deal.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well they inherit the contract Jacksonville signed him to last year, so the Steelers are paying him $7.3M this year.
Note though that he didn't get that much guaranteed money, and he has no guaranteed money or dead cap on his contract after 2021.
So if he sucks, its a one year, $7.3M deal.
oh right, forgot it was a trade. I could have looked that up myself, but thanks for the info.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daryl Smith the football player lol.

That is good to know! I was always a Daryl Smith NFL player fan even when he didn’t play for us. Had he played for either a better team or a team in a better market when he was in his prime, he would have easily made a few pro bowls in his time.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor