• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
size and testing - there's a reason why he was highly sought after as a udfa

happens every year normally at RB where good runners dont get drafted because the testing and college tape athleticism says they wont get chunk yardage but you still find successful udfa runners every year
there was an article that came out early August that had Ealy as our best UDFA. Although I'm not sure, I think it was Bleacher Report.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's also a 5th round pick in one of the worst/smallest draft classes ever... teams pre-draft were talking about the fact that guys would be taken in the 5th who would normally get taken in the 7th or go udfa - lots of teams are cutting draft picks this year
than we should have taken Washington there. Of course I had a higher grade on Washington as I thought late 3rd / 4th was good for Washington.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
it may well be injury related too

because everyone still has to do their intake testing before they can practice and/or play so having guys who can go who you dont have to wait on their availability for testing reasons makes sense to me - doesnt specifically have to be covid that the guy on the roster goes down with
I think they like Jonny and might be Nick Mooreing him with the though Koch retires at the end of this year

Simba

Staff Member
Ravens have edited their release and added Devin Gray to the PS as well. 3 WRs now and 14 spots full. Again, I imagine we'll see some guys swapped out in the next couple of weeks.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The day EDC cuts off harbs from drafting a Michigan player is the day I know he’s the captain of the ship.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would love to bring in Odenigbo. Surprised the Giants let him go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the most compelling reason I've seen for why the Ravens spent their last pick on Mason.

(NB it's a *reason* not an excuse)

Attachments

• IMG_20210902_002806.jpg
    IMG_20210902_002806.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 122

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Glad to have McPhee back. K.J. Wright signed with the Raiders on a one-year. Was low-key hoping we'd bring him in.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the most compelling reason I've seen for why the Ravens spent their last pick on Mason.

(NB it's a *reason* not an excuse)
c'mon who on earth spends a 5th just to make sure they're getting priority FA - and in our case it was a FB and we've had already one on your roster. I doubt DeCosta spends his picks that carelessly even if it's "only" a fifth.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
c'mon who on earth spends a 5th just to make sure they're getting priority FA - and in our case it was a FB and we've had already one on your roster. I doubt DeCosta spends his picks that carelessly even if it's "only" a fifth.
That was a Harbaugh requested pick. That is why he was so pissed.

Simba

Staff Member

Well it depends. Was everyone else on the board also rated similarly?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but the Wade picked followed by Mason told me that they had next to no draftable prospects left.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well it depends. Was everyone else on the board also rated similarly?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but the Wade picked followed by Mason told me that they had next to no draftable prospects left.

there's a reason they were getting rid of picks on day 3 where they could (and especially those later ones) - nothing left on the board

about a third of the prospects in the pool this year compared to normal years (as judged by how many prospects got agents this year)

Simba

Staff Member
there's a reason they were getting rid of picks on day 3 where they could (and especially those later ones) - nothing left on the board

about a third of the prospects in the pool this year compared to normal years (as judged by how many prospects got agents this year)

Exactly. Not that they care about 7ths, but the fact that we didn’t trade back at all AND got rid of the late ones we did have says all it needs to say if you ask me. I don’t remember how many draftable players EDC said they had but I’d almost be willing to guarantee it was gamesmanship because the actions suggest they didn’t like much this year.