• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Murray had his best season last year... 4.5 Yards per carry and 7.7 Yards per catch. That was while sharing a role with Kamara, he could have a real breakthrough year being the guy with us. Is he going to be able to play Monday Night?
doubtful

Simba

Staff Member
Also funny that Murray and Freeman were both fighting for a spot in NO. Now they’re here in the same scenario. If I had to guess, Freeman is the odd man out when it’s all said and done. Might get the nod Monday solely because he’s in town and in shape.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also funny that Murray and Freeman were both fighting for a spot in NO. Now they’re here in the same scenario. If I had to guess, Freeman is the odd man out when it’s all said and done. Might get the nod Monday solely because he’s in town and in shape.

freeman probably a lesser version of murray in most respects right now
bell still offers something neither of the others offer and also a stylistically different runner

murray might be a threat to ty'son's carries earlier in the year than the others might have

Simba

Staff Member
freeman probably a lesser version of murray in most respects right now
bell still offers something neither of the others offer and also a stylistically different runner

murray might be a threat to ty'son's carries earlier in the year than the others might have

Feels like Freeman is the immediate play for this week. Murray is the longer term answer for the season. Bell is the wild card once he starts to get back into football shape.

Simba

Staff Member
just really hard to gauge tbh but someone needs to be elevated for the game lol

Would be curious to hear if Murray is in town. I mean, they’re probably just doing walkthroughs the next couple of days so he and Freeman would be on the same footing if they’re both on the field tomorrow. And obviously you lean Murray in that case. He’s probably going to the 53 anyways.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would be curious to hear if Murray is in town. I mean, they’re probably just doing walkthroughs the next couple of days so he and Freeman would be on the same footing if they’re both on the field tomorrow. And obviously you lean Murray in that case. He’s probably going to the 53 anyways.

murray's probably more in practice right now anyway given the situation of his release - playbook would be the only thing stopping him from stepping in straight away

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Truth is I fear Lamar is going to put too much on his own plate to win games that he may get reckless and risk injury. I am truly fearful of that especially with no running weapons of note left to help out.

Don't think he'll force it and reports are he's trying to stay in the pocket. Think he'll run only when necessary.

I’m curious how all of these guys fit now. Not sure how 3 vets make sense but I guess we’ll find out.

tryouts-joker.gif

Someone should edit this with a football

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
There was a Pro Bowler named LeVeon
Who killed the Ravens as well.
When Gus's gimmicks went rotten
LeVeon wasn't forgotten
And he ran jus like ringin da Bell!!!

Steeler Mojo, Steeler Pride, Quote the Raven ...For da Ride!!!!

Plug Murray into this offense and most of my concerns about RB go away. Just needs a bit of time to learn the playbook, but luckily it's the Raiders week 1.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
you basically just agreed with me.
We’ll this is absolutely not the scenario I envisioned but we may have a starting back field of Bell/Freeman after all. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Williams will get most of the week 1 reps.

Latavius Murray will be playing ahead of both Bell and Freeman for the forseeable future. One of those two will likely be on the PS for most of the year, barring more injuries.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Latavius Murray is basically Gus Edwards, if there was any back in the league you’d compare Gus to, it’s him.

zack moss is another guy I feel will look identical. Just big af, tall, long strides and high knees, always falls multiple yards forward when getting tackled, is full steam through the hole before the defenders even know the hole is there, forces a damn near 100% miss rate on arm tackles, shoulders and stiff arms, stupidly strong core that allows the upright run style to work.

I’m no longer worried about our backfield. Jimmy, averett, and tavon gotta stay healthy. If this happens, we will be fine.

also stephens gotta step up immediately and maybe even show some chops as a corner when called upon.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Latavius Murray is basically Gus Edwards, if there was any back in the league you’d compare Gus to, it’s him.

zack moss is another guy I feel will look identical. Just big af, tall, long strides and high knees, always falls multiple yards forward when getting tackled, is full steam through the hole before the defenders even know the hole is there, forces a damn near 100% miss rate on arm tackles, shoulders and stiff arms, stupidly strong core that allows the upright run style to work.

I’m no longer worried about our backfield. Jimmy, averett, and tavon gotta stay healthy. If this happens, we will be fine.

also stephens gotta step up immediately and maybe even show some chops as a corner when called upon.

You know full well it’s only a matter of time before Tavon is injured with his yearly injuries. We have to have someone ready behind him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You know full well it’s only a matter of time before Tavon is injured with his yearly injuries. We have to have someone ready behind him

it'll either be marlon moving into the slot with averett and jimmy (when he's healthy again) outside
or it would be more snaps for brandon stephens or even ardarius washington at nickel but they're unproven right now

Simba

Staff Member

still kinda confused on why you need both at this point but whatever lol. Only thing would be is if they aren’t viewing Cannon as a RB option at all.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it'll either be marlon moving into the slot with averett and jimmy (when he's healthy again) outside
or it would be more snaps for brandon stephens or even ardarius washington at nickel but they're unproven right now
both Averett and Jimmy are right corners. Not sure how well that would work out.