• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Tretter is a rare one where he wasn’t released for not living up to his contract. He was worth that and more. They just have a guy behind him who’s played well in his opportunities.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tretter is a rare one where he wasn’t released for not living up to his contract. He was worth that and more. They just have a guy behind him who’s played well in his opportunities.

yep - he would be a slam-dunk pickup and with all the Cs who got signed yesterday, hopefully tretter's more attainable than he would have been yesterday

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
...and that's why the Ravens always seem to be surveying the lay of the land in FA initially. These late cap casualties are probably much like a draft board that they keep updated. There are some that are probably surprises still, but either way, we seem to almost always be ready to tackle these kinds of players.

I still wanna see Z'D back! #SIIE!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Daniels gone

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Janoris Jenkins anyone? Probably a reasonable CB salary and some experience that we need.
I'd be down - after one of two of Wagner, Tretter, ZDS, and Tyrann lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
...and that's why the Ravens always seem to be surveying the lay of the land in FA initially. These late cap casualties are probably much like a draft board that they keep updated. There are some that are probably surprises still, but either way, we seem to almost always be ready to tackle these kinds of players.

I still wanna see Z'D back! #SIIE!!!

we've recently brought all player personnel together more than it used to be - but we do still have a pro-personnel department (which i think is still led by vincent newsome and now also mark azevedo) whose job is basically to scout the pros already in the league and i imagine they probably do have some version of a pro-personnel draft board where they probably also spend time anticipating cuts, identifying cap casualties and guys who might not count against the comp formula as well as tradeable guys we might be interested in - they probably also do self-scouting (although im less sure about this)

but that department and group has been working together for a long time - i think vincent newsome has run the pro-personnel department for 13 years now

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Haha I mentioned this meme yesterday. I think we have a signing by the end of the day.

simba and i were talking about this yesterday on here - typically we've not really been active in the tampering window - a lot of our signings have traditionally only really seemed to happen after the league year begins and free agency "officially" opens