• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not dismissing it, I will just be disappointed if we don't get a veteran Center because of this. If we do, I'm fine.
I think getting an above average Center in this draft is much harder than finding a pass rusher with the caliber of ZaDarius Smith, and for a much cheaper price. We have like 5 fourth round picks. If you take three edge rushers in that group I think at least one could be as good as him.
I couldn't possibly agree more with this

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if it's a league source so my guess is that's more of an "as it stands" kind of deal

depending on the structure, and depending on a marlon restructure and maybe a boykin release we've still got the ability to add a DL i think - completely depends on prices now

probably not splashing out on any more big-tier guys at this point but some mid-to-low priced guys are certainly still in play

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not mad at all. Apparently, we bank at the same place the Rams do. I NEVER would have seen this happening in FA when this started. No amount of SIIE. EDC doing black magic. Also says the team thinks the time is now. With the hole at C still wouldn't be mad if we went CB with our first pick.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
this may well be an indicator that the prices on tretter/bozeman were not right for us so we've moved on to ZDS who we also had interest in whose price is great for the level of production and prowess
Yeah that's totally possible. The problem is if you just roll with TCC you've got your two weakest positions on the line next to each other and one is at C a critical position.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Not mad at all. Apparently, we bank at the same place the Rams do. I NEVER would have seen this happening in FA when this started. No amount of SIIE. EDC doing black magic. Also says the team thinks the time is now. With the hole at C still wouldn't be mad if we went CB with our first pick.
Wanna clarify this or.....????

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
C is lost cause now. That's ok, but I really would hate to see Calais and Ricard go. Can we fit them in along with draft class?