• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Is there any chance we can still retain Bozeman? I know it's probably a stretch but if we can get him back and still have our 10 draft picks.... holly shit lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just need one of Ricard, Campbell, and BB/Tretter. If we can get even one I'll be thrilled. If we get one or both of Ricard and Campbell this is a strong A- of a FA period. Extremely good. If we can get BB/Tretter then its an obvious A+, basically impossible to do better.

haha im content already tbh
itd be amazing to grab a C just because that's the biggest glaring issue, with the most scarcity in terms of solutions

i can take or leave ricard tbh - love him but i dont think he's as integral to the future of this offence as he has been in the past

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
hey im all for finding a way to get salyer here and on the field, and also simultaneously for finding a solution to the C issue - if they're confident in it that would be a massive bonus - and also because he's such a good schematic and culture fit here

Is it too much to ask for a double dip of Salyer, Strange, Rasheed, and Andrew Stueber? I’ll take any 2 of the 4 in the mid rounds

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
itd be amazing to grab a C just because that's the biggest glaring issue, with the most scarcity in terms of solutions

i can take or leave ricard tbh - love him but i dont think he's as integral to the future of this offence as he has been in the past
I actually wonder if by EDC forcing GRos hand by not giving Ricard, it could catalyze an offensive shift.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is it too much to ask for a double dip of Salyer, Strange, Rasheed, and Andrew Stueber? I’ll take any 2 of the 4 in the mid rounds

that's a really good note - id forgotten about how much time we spent with strange

it's also notable that since covid we've got away from those smaller school prospects because of the lack of information in the scouting environment - would make sense for us to get back to finding some smaller school gems where we've been great, traditionally, at finding high quality prospects

D1City55

Pro Bowler

An average C is good enough for me tbh. I don't think you need someone elite or even on Bozeman's level. Of course you don't want a Center who can be a massive liability but you can say that about every position on the line. To be honest the Ravens address issues that needed to be addressed for years. We've struggled with a reasonable four man rush and edges were hugely responsible that, just not enough talent. Now we got two guys capable of winning 1 on 1 with ZD and Oweh. I would honestly love for a guy like Jermaine Johnson to fall to us because you can definitely justify adding enough edge rusher. Point is we need a pass rush in the worst way imaginable for years now.

We've needed a FS since Ed Reed left. Weddle was our guy for a year but played more SS in 2016 and kinda fell off a bit after. We only got 1 year off Earl who was good in coverage but not quite the player he was in Seattle. Williams on the other hand is someone who is a young, true FS who will patrol the deep middle and finally give us the back-end coverage we've badly needed for a while. It's going to make guys like Chark Clarke and Brandon Stephens a lot better.

Center is definitely an issue on the OL but it also offers a lot of flexibility. Not only in FA but even in a trade, teams are very willing to part ways with Cs. That's one position the Ravens have never really had issues with outside of dealing with Gino Gradkowski in 2013.

Simba

Staff Member
This feels like a time for @Simba to do a roster breakdown lol. Are we going to actually be able to put 10 whole draft picks on the starting roster? That's 20% of the roster
Easily lol. Got lots of middling talent and the back end of the roster that can be easily replaced. Just off the top let’s say our 10 picks go to RB, TE, OT, C, DL, ILB, OLB (x2), CB (x2). Could even do double up at DL if you wanted. Could take a WR. Got plenty of space to add guys.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This feels like a time for @Simba to do a roster breakdown lol. Are we going to actually be able to put 10 whole draft picks on the starting roster? That's 20% of the roster

I don’t see how we can keep all 10 draft rookie + 1-2 undrafted rookie FAs on the 53. That’s why I hope we get aggressive and use some picks to move around. Either trade-ups or acquiring future picks.
Would hate to see another Ben Mason scenario.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are multiple holes on the DLine and there is currently not a starting Center so honestly I would be more surprised if the Ravens even looked at a corner before the end of Day 2 at the earliest.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hold on… that’s McPhee right?

Lol. Real ones know the joke.

Remember when Z said he’s taking that 90 jersey cause he knows he was drafted to replace McPhee.

Z left.. McPhee came back. Now Z is back. Life comes full circle. Lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There are multiple holes on the DLine and there is currently not a starting Center so honestly I would be more surprised if the Ravens even looked at a corner before the end of Day 2 at the earliest.

BPA baby
it's highly likely BPA is gonna be an EDGE or a CB and we probably arent going to have the luxury of choosing which one
and if it's not EDGE or CB it may well be Jordan Davis

and depending on who's around, there may well be corner BPA in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th - it's a strong and deep corner class - we may end up drafting multiple corners tbh