• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I predict that after the final roster cutdown no 2019 draftee will be here anymore.
-Hill we have 3 other guys and Hill offers no st ability
-Powers traded
-Turd ...
-Marshall we have too many dbs. EDC will probably try to re-sign to the PS

Hill is still here because he's a good special teamer - was a gunner on punts when he was healthy - he and badie will probably have to compete for that job

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I predict that after the final roster cutdown no 2019 draftee will be here anymore.
-Hill we have 3 other guys and Hill offers no st ability
-Powers traded
-Turd ...
-Marshall we have too many dbs. EDC will probably try to re-sign him to the PS
Ferg gets one more chance, the others I doubt make it

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hamilton and Linderbaum are very safe picks
Travis Jones is at worst going to be a rotational DL and likely better
Jalyn Armour-Davis is going to be on this roster and active for the next 4 years because even if he doesnt work out as a corner, he's going to be a gunner (and his fundamentals are strong enough that he should easily be able to carve out a role at least as a backup)
Stout's pretty safe too

the other picks have an element of risk to them though
Ojabo's injury recovery and somewhat developmental nature
Faalele's weight and somewhat developmental nature
Kolar and Likely both play a position that's notoriously hard to project
Williams would be somewhat of an outlier if he makes it and may not even be a corner
Badie's play-strength
I agree with the top part. On the bottom part, I get Ojabo is a risk we'll just have to see. Faalale is already down 20 pounds from his highest. I don't see him having an issue getting to where he needs to be. Also no fear for Badie. Kolar I think has the tools to be a good TE3 much better than Oliver.

Williams and Likely Im uncomfortable with and very down on respectively

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree with the top part. On the bottom part, I get Ojabo is a risk we'll just have to see. Faalale is already down 20 pounds from his highest. I don't see him having an issue getting to where he needs to be. Also no fear for Badie. Kolar I think has the tools to be a good TE3 much better than Oliver.

Williams and Likely Im uncomfortable with and very down on respectively

of for sure - dont want to come off as downplaying how much i like most of those picks - just pointing out that there's some risk attached to a lot of them

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
of for sure - dont want to come off as downplaying how much i like most of those picks - just pointing out that there's some risk attached to a lot of them
I gotchu. I just think fortunately where there are some risks they are at positions where the guy is mostly a depth option thus year. RB, OT, TE etc.

Really it's just Ojabo which you hoped you could start contributing earlier and get that offseason in. But alas it is what is

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hamilton and Linderbaum are very safe picks
Travis Jones is at worst going to be a rotational DL and likely better
Jalyn Armour-Davis is going to be on this roster and active for the next 4 years because even if he doesnt work out as a corner, he's going to be a gunner (and his fundamentals are strong enough that he should easily be able to carve out a role at least as a backup)
Stout's pretty safe too

the other picks have an element of risk to them though
Ojabo's injury recovery and somewhat developmental nature
Faalele's weight and somewhat developmental nature
Kolar and Likely both play a position that's notoriously hard to project
Williams would be somewhat of an outlier if he makes it and may not even be a corner
Badie's play-strength
Yeah I think the biggest "downside if you will to this draft class, for 2022, is that a lot of these guys probably won't be active on Sundays.
Ojabo will almost certainly start the year on PUP. Can't imagine he suits up until at least November realistically.
Faalele long term might be solid, but he's still basically the 4th Tackle today (at best), which means I don't know if he's active on gameday.
One of the two TE's will probably be active on gamedays, but don't think they'll activate four each week. So the other likely sits.
Williams and Badie need strong camps to be active or even make the team.

There's long term potential here in some of these spots, but a lot less in the next 9-12 months I think.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah I think the biggest "downside if you will to this draft class, for 2022, is that a lot of these guys probably won't be active on Sundays.
Ojabo will almost certainly start the year on PUP. Can't imagine he suits up until at least November realistically.
Faalele long term might be solid, but he's still basically the 4th Tackle today (at best), which means I don't know if he's active on gameday.
One of the two TE's will probably be active on gamedays, but don't think they'll activate four each week. So the other likely sits.

There's long term potential here in some of these spots, but a lot less in the next 9-12 months I think.
If a bunch of these guy make the team but aren't active it's because we're healthy which is a good thing. The question becomes if they make it and are thrust into action how will they fare?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think you're guaranteed, right now, to see 6 of these guys active in 2022 as long as they stay healthy:
Hamilton (starting safety)
Linderbaum (starting center)
Jones (rotational DT/NT)
Armour-Davis (backup corner and punt gunner)
Stout (likely the new Ravens punter)
1 of the 2 TEs

you've got Ojabo and Faalele, who was you say, are more picks for the future - ojabo might get on the field late in the season if we're lucky but faalele is likely gonna sit on the bench all year because he has no positional or swing value

and if badie makes the roster as RB3, he's likely going to be in the starting special teams unit too

obviously we're looking at significant capital missing in 2022 from the outset, but i still think we should be expecting major contributions from about half the rookie class in year 1

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think you're guaranteed, right now, to see 6 of these guys active in 2022 as long as they stay healthy:
Jones (rotational DT/NT)
1 of the 2 TEs

you've got Ojabo and Faalele, who was you say, are more picks for the future - ojabo might get on the field late in the season if we're lucky but faalele is likely gonna sit on the bench all year because he has no positional or swing value

and if badie makes the roster as RB3, he's likely going to be in the starting special teams unit too

obviously we're looking at significant capital missing in 2022 from the outset, but i still think we should be expecting major contributions from about half the rookie class in year 1
I don't see Hill making the team over Badie. Hill hasn't done anything for YEARS. Take Badies smaller and longer contract. He's got pass catching ability

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't see Hill making the team over Badie. Hill hasn't done anything for YEARS. Take Badies smaller and longer contract. He's got pass catching ability

that's my preferred outcome - but im not locking it in given hill's experience as a gunner on special teams
badie could very easily (and maybe even likely) win that spot - but it's not a lock

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jones (rotational DT/NT)
1 of the 2 TEs

Right, and while it looks good theoretically, I kind of expected better outcomes from the FO this offseason (at least on paper).

I guess I look at it by position group:
WR: Are we better than last year? Pretty much universally the answer will be no
TE: Are we better than last year? Yes, more depth at the very least, should get Boyle back healthy
RB: Are we better than last year? Yes, don't see how we could possibly be worse
Oline: Are we better than last year? Yes, considerably. Even if Stanley is out, we'll be better or equal at the other 4 positions, no question.

Dline: Are we better than last year? Probably. At the very least, we're the same. Pierce replaces Williams, Jones looks like he has a lot of talent to me, Campbell and Madubuike are back.
Inside Linebacker: Are we better than last year? I guess we're the same. Didn't really do anything to change the room
Outside Linebackers: Are we better than last year? I guess we're the same, but I don't really know. Oweh is there, probably bring Houston back. Drafted Ojabo but I'm not banking on him playing. Bowser comes back at some point, but no clue when, but no real upgrades to speak of at this spot.
Safety: Are we better than last year? Yes, significantly.
Corner: Are we better than last year? Honestly it's a ? for me, but I'd say no. Peters and Marlon are difference makers, but still lack depth. No Tavon and no Averett. Stephens and Armour-Davis are probably 3-4 on the depth chart, and that's certainly nothing like the 3-4 guys we had last year.

So if I look in totality, we got significantly weaker at WR, improved the Oline, got weaker at Corner, improved Safety. Everything else is mostly just getting some healthy players back, mostly at RB.

Like it's a good job, but its not a great job. If you gave me Ojabo, a veteran Corner, and even a mid-tier WR, I'm all in. I just don't know we're going to get there.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Right, and while it looks good theoretically, I kind of expected better outcomes from the FO this offseason (at least on paper).

I guess I look at it by position group:
WR: Are we better than last year? Pretty much universally the answer will be no
TE: Are we better than last year? Yes, more depth at the very least, should get Boyle back healthy
RB: Are we better than last year? Yes, don't see how we could possibly be worse
Oline: Are we better than last year? Yes, considerably. Even if Stanley is out, we'll be better or equal at the other 4 positions, no question.

Dline: Are we better than last year? Probably. At the very least, we're the same. Pierce replaces Williams, Jones looks like he has a lot of talent to me, Campbell and Madubuike are back.
Inside Linebacker: Are we better than last year? I guess we're the same. Didn't really do anything to change the room
Outside Linebackers: Are we better than last year? I guess we're the same, but I don't really know. Oweh is there, probably bring Houston back. Drafted Ojabo but I'm not banking on him playing. Bowser comes back at some point, but no clue when, but no real upgrades to speak of at this spot.
Safety: Are we better than last year? Yes, significantly.
Corner: Are we better than last year? Honestly it's a ? for me, but I'd say no. Peters and Marlon are difference makers, but still lack depth. No Tavon and no Averett. Stephens and Armour-Davis are probably 3-4 on the depth chart, and that's certainly nothing like the 3-4 guys we had last year.

So if I look in totality, we got significantly weaker at WR, improved the Oline, got weaker at Corner, improved Safety. Everything else is mostly just getting some healthy players back, mostly at RB.

Like it's a good job, but its not a great job. If you gave me Ojabo, a veteran Corner, and even a mid-tier WR, I'm all in. I just don't know we're going to get there.
You're not wrong at all. To fill those holes you gotta make money appear and we know our options for doing that. Powers, James, Marcus, and Marlon. MAYBE Chuck. But that's basically it unless you want to touch Ronnie which doesn't seem like a good idea.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You're not wrong at all. To fill those holes you gotta make money appear and we know our options for doing that. Powers, James, Marcus, and Marlon. MAYBE Chuck. But that's basically it unless you want to touch Ronnie which doesn't seem like a good idea.
Some of these guys probably need to stay through camp. I'm not getting rid of Powers or even James until I see what happens through August.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Some of these guys probably need to stay through camp. I'm not getting rid of Powers or even James until I see what happens through August.
Definitely. That's by far the safest thing to do. It's just the longer it takes you to get the money to sign guys, the less options you may have. Such is life

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to believe that the Ravens have some sort of plan given the fact they traded Hollywood. I doubt they are looking to replace him.

I have a feeling we are going to look like 2019 again