• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldve been cool with pickens instead of obajo.. dude a monster.
Pickens to me without the “character” things(which remains to be seen, I think he’s just a dog) is still somewhere from 30-40 imo. Ojabo is a legit top 15 guy with an injury he should recover from.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Fuck. I completely forgot about this. I’m not sure this can be salvageable lol

Said from the jump it's not happening. And I still don't think he was trying to spit on or at him. I think it was a bad angle and he was just trying to spit.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We'll come back to this in 2 years. It's been so long you've forgotten how impactful 2 good edge guys are. Especially when they're not being dropped into coverage on 3rd and long.
It dnt have to be in two yrs.. it can be this year when get to the playoffs and none of our wrs can get open like previous years..im fine with the obajo pick but if we wouldve taken pickens, i wouldve liked that too..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It dnt have to be in two yrs.. it can be this year when get to the playoffs and none of our wrs can get open like previous years..im fine with the obajo pick but if we wouldve taken pickens, i wouldve liked that too..
That doesn't mean Pickens would be one of those guys who magically gets open at will, either...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That doesn't mean Pickens would be one of those guys who magically gets open at will, either...
True but id rather have pickens on our roster instead..especially if we plan on going into the season with duv and proche as our #2 and 3

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I mean if they want to release him and potentially give him to us for free... I'll take it.

I wonder how much he’ll cost. I’d love to have him here then pick up a solid vet at WR and either Houston/Ingram and go into camp (if that’s all realistic)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we pull off Houston and Clowney? One year mercenary deals while Bowser and Ojabo get healthy….. This is my madden fantasy land signing …..it would be a lot of fun to watch. Also we could officially cut Ferg sooooooo win/win

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If the Giants release Bradberry, how is Wink's defense going to work in New York? It relies on coverage sacks from the secondary covering everyone, and they have Adoree Jackson but that's about it. It worked well with us due to who we had in the secondary with Humphrey, Peters, Smith, Young, Clark, Elliott, etc.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If the Giants release Bradberry, how is Wink's defense going to work in New York? It relies on coverage sacks from the secondary covering everyone, and they have Adoree Jackson but that's about it. It worked well with us due to who we had in the secondary with Humphrey, Peters, Smith, Young, Clark, Elliott, etc.
Elliot and clarke actually held us back

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really enjoying the Baker Mayfield situation. I hope Cleveland remains stubborn, holds onto him for the season, and we all get to watch the Browns implode once again. Would be even better is Watson was suspended and they needed Baker to play. Talk about awkward

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Really enjoying the Baker Mayfield situation. I hope Cleveland remains stubborn, holds onto him for the season, and we all get to watch the Browns implode once again. Would be even better is Watson was suspended and they needed Baker to play. Talk about awkward
I don’t think it’s Cleveland, it’s other teams, nobody wants bakers contract and owners/GMs are refusing to work with Cleveland because they blew up the qb market

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I mean the question I'd have is... is that really Wink's scheme, or is that just based on the personnel he was dealt while he was here?

He was DC from 18-21, which was not exactly a quality time in terms of individual pass rushers on this team.
'18 he got one year of Suggs, Judon and ZaDarius, of which they combined for 22.5 sacks.
'19-'20 he basically had Bowser and Judon
'21 he got Oweh and Bowser
Not exactly murderer's row from a pass rush perspective, and especially true when we remained primarily a base 3-4 defense, where there's less emphasis on pass rush from defensive tackles

I'd also point out that, while he wasn't the primary play caller, he did 6 years as a linebackers coach here from '12-'17. As I recall, pass rush was pretty damn good for a good chunk of that period, especially in 2012 and 2014. 2014 we got 36.5 sacks from three players (Suggs, Dumervil, McPhee).

I guess the question is what comes first... the chicken or the egg? Did we not get good individual pass rushers because Wink didn't want them and didn't want to scheme for them, or was it a product of Wink developing a scheme that fit the personnel we had, i.e. blitzing more.

Guess we will find out in NY. My guess is they'll blitz considerably less.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think it’s Cleveland, it’s other teams, nobody wants bakers contract and owners/GMs are refusing to work with Cleveland because they blew up the qb market
Maybe, but also, what team needs him and why is he an upgrade over what they have?
It's basically Seattle and Carolina. That's the market. I'm sure if Baker becomes a FA that market will widen, because teams can set their own price. But at current comp, there's basically two teams in the league that would even vaguely be interested.
Carolina already has Darnold, who I'm not sure is really much better or worse than Baker, and they just took Corral in the 3rd round.
Seattle still makes plenty of sense, but they also can't afford his current salary without making a bunch of roster moves to make it happen.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I mean the Vikings started this by giving the most mediocre of qbs the first fully guaranteed deals. I can't blame the Browns with the roster they've constructed going for it all.

I agree. Let Baker sit that year then since he wanted to be petty about the whole thing. I just find it hilarious this bum was quick to speak on Duke Johnsons situation and now look at him. Hypocritical fuck.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

They'll only get a decent offer at this point if there's an injury to a league starter. But if he remains on the team and has to play, it is funny and sort of how one would expect anything in Cleveland to play out.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I actually think keeping him is kind of brilliant if you're Cleveland. I might what risk are they really taking?
Go through the scenarios:
If Watson gets suspended:
1. Baker plays well. There's no risk for a QB controversy, because of the guaranteed money they spent on Watson. Becomes a showcase for Baker, and he'll sign elsewhere next year, by which the Browns can get a substantial comp pick for him.
2. Baker plays like shit. Browns already not expecting to be competitive if they don't have Watson, and it just validates their decision to replace him. His market tanks in FA next year and he's forced to sign for cheap as a backup/bridge QB (aka Trubisky).
If Watson isn't suspended, he's the best backup QB in the league for a year. He can gripe and be as bad a teammate as he wants, but 31 other teams will see the same.