• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Right but I also don't know if that's similar to like a Ravens distribution, where neither guy really plays free or box, but one is "designated" that role.

Based on what I recall from scouting him out of college, I would never put him in a true "free safety", center field, role.
he has played well no matter where he has been put in the Giants defense, especially the games he has played free safety and he does play more free safety by a mile than box safety. He may have played that in college when you were scouting him, but he's been a good free safety to this point with the Giants. If Wink wants to have a defense similar to the Ravens, than Clark would be a good fit, but it's possible as you are saying that Wink may switch it up. I wouldn't be surprised either.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
he has played well no matter where he has been put in the Giants defense, especially the games he has played free safety and he does play more free safety by a mile than box safety. He may have played that in college when you were scouting him, but he's been a good free safety to this point with the Giants. If Wink wants to have a defense similar to the Ravens, than Clark would be a good fit, but it's possible as you are saying that Wink may switch it up. I wouldn't be surprised either.
Well with the personnel they currently have, I'd call it borderline impossible. They don't have nearly the talent at Corner (especially if they're trying to get rid of Bradberry) to run that scheme. The Giants defense is built almost the exact opposite. All of their stud players are up front. Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams, now Thibodeaux, etc. If they try to play like the Ravens D, I think they're going to get badly bent over by teams, because they don't have nearly the coverage ability to pull that off.

And I like Chuck Clark, but he's not a difference maker in coverage.

Hence why I'm saying the only reason this topic about Clark to the Giants is being discussed is purely because Wink is now the DC there. He would be speculated to literally go play for whatever team Wink was coaching, which I don't think is the right way to look at things. All offseason people told me Anthony Averett to the Giants was an easy call too. Didn't turn out that way, and Averett didn't get a healthy deal either. Tavon Young also isn't a Giant either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well with the personnel they currently have, I'd call it borderline impossible. They don't have nearly the talent at Corner (especially if they're trying to get rid of Bradberry) to run that scheme. The Giants defense is built almost the exact opposite. All of their stud players are up front. Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams, now Thibodeaux, etc. If they try to play like the Ravens D, I think they're going to get badly bent over by teams, because they don't have nearly the coverage ability to pull that off.

And I like Chuck Clark, but he's not a difference maker in coverage.

Hence why I'm saying the only reason this topic about Clark to the Giants is being discussed is purely because Wink is now the DC there. He would be speculated to literally go play for whatever team Wink was coaching, which I don't think is the right way to look at things. All offseason people told me Anthony Averett to the Giants was an easy call too. Didn't turn out that way, and Averett didn't get a healthy deal either. Tavon Young also isn't a Giant either.
oh, I definitely agree that the only reason Clark to the Giants is being discussed is due to Wink. That much, is obvious and doesn't need to be pointed out. The Giants didn't have much cap space this offseason to work with. It is surprising how cheap a deal Averett got. I never thought Averett would go to the Giants due to their salary cap constraints. Tavon Young, I thought could be cut and resigned, but I had a feeling we would cut him due to the savings. It will be interesting following the Giants this season and seeing how similar / different their defense is under Wink.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bradberry released

Yeah I'm assuming the Giants refused to take on his salary as part of a trade and were better off releasing him. This hurts our chances of getting him as other teams can give him more than us but then again the Marcus Williams deal came out of nowhere. Maybe EDC has another trick up his sleeve(IE... Peters extension?) to get it done.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I'm assuming the Giants refused to take on his salary as part of a trade and were better off releasing him. This hurts our chances of getting him as other teams can give him more than us but then again the Marcus Williams deal came out of nowhere. Maybe EDC has another trick up his sleeve(IE... Peters extension?) to get it done.
I think we are waiting on extending Peters once we have more info on how his ACL injury is being rehabbed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That limits our hopes of landing him. He'll get a boatload from a needy team.
agree, although he could help us, I doubt he plays the same amount of snaps with us as he did with the Giants the past few seasons. He has played over 1k snaps in both 2020 and 2021. Even with the Panthers he played 1k snaps. Not sure he would sign with the Ravens knowing he would be more of a rotational piece behind Humphrey and Peters, assuming they are healthy,.

Also not sure how we would pay him without extending Peters and restructuring Humphrey or Stanley. I do believe we will extend Peters at some point this offseason.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can someone announce Landry to the Ravens I mean damn

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
agree, although he could help us, I doubt he plays the same amount of snaps with us as he did with the Giants the past few seasons. He has played over 1k snaps in both 2020 and 2021. Even with the Panthers he played 1k snaps. Not sure he would sign with the Ravens knowing he would be more of a rotational piece behind Humphrey and Peters, assuming they are healthy,.

Also not sure how we would pay him without extending Peters and restructuring Humphrey or Stanley. I do believe we will extend Peters at some point this offseason.
I mean its possible he'd be rotational, but realistically, they'd probably just kick Marlon back into the slot. Very few scenarios where we don't have three Corners on the field.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer