• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

If she follows this tweet up with:

“The Ravens signs Geronimo Allison. They got their guy.”

…imma pull up to the Castle and start swinging.

Bro we don’t want any other options lol just sign Landry

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
agree, although he could help us, I doubt he plays the same amount of snaps with us as he did with the Giants the past few seasons. He has played over 1k snaps in both 2020 and 2021. Even with the Panthers he played 1k snaps. Not sure he would sign with the Ravens knowing he would be more of a rotational piece behind Humphrey and Peters, assuming they are healthy,.

Also not sure how we would pay him without extending Peters and restructuring Humphrey or Stanley. I do believe we will extend Peters at some point this offseason.
And we're thinking of signing a WR such as a Landry. It just doesn't add up, cap-wise.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sounds like he’ll be too expensive for bargain shopper decosta.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we are going to sign one veteran would you rather it be Clowney, Landry or Bradberry? Bradberry would allow Marlo to slide into the slot position and Clowney would give us a much-needed pass rush and depth.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bro we don’t want any other options lol just sign Landry
I really do. I am saying it right now. Whoever signs Landry will be getting this off-season's equivalent of Andre Villanueva. By that I mean the Steelers knew he was done but somehow the rest of the league had not yet caught on. Even if you ignore last year where he could not get open, maybe you can blame it on the QB injuries, he basically has not been good since 2019 and when your production is consistently falling that tends to be the trendline. NFL players tend to not get better with age so when they look done they are done.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really do. I am saying it right now. Whoever signs Landry will be getting this off-season's equivalent of Andre Villanueva. By that I mean the Steelers knew he was done but somehow the rest of the league had not yet caught on. Even if you ignore last year where he could not get open, maybe you can blame it on the QB injuries, he basically has not been good since 2019 and when your production is consistently falling that tends to be the trendline. NFL players tend to not get better with age so when they look done they are done.
I mean that's great, but I don't see better options out there either. I would certainly expect to be signing Landry as more of a Watkins-type player from last year (hopefully better) and I wouldn't want to pay him much more than that either.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know what the interest we might have had but another RB off the market.

Michel has really had an interesting career. Was always overshadowed by Gurley and Chubb at Georgia. Gets drafted ahead of Chubb in the 1st, wins two super bowls in four years with two different teams, and now is headed to play for his hometown Dolphins.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not sure why people think Landry is bad. He's definitely a high quality player. He's not even 30. You've watched him torch us consistently every time we play him in a way no other receiver has. His stats last year may not be crazy but none of Clevelands WRs stats were given that Mayfield was playing mutilated last year and they run the ball a lot. There's no film of him just looking bad so I really don't know where this is coming from.

He may not sign here but look for him to get a multi year deal with an AAV around 14 or 15 million. That will definitively prove he's not washed.

Now the other guys out there you could say are washed but not Landry.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure why people think Landry is bad. He's definitely a high quality player. He's not even 30. You've watched him torch us consistently every time we play him in a way no other receiver has. His stats last year may not be crazy but none of Clevelands WRs stats were given that Mayfield was playing mutilated last year and they run the ball a lot. There's no film of him just looking bad so I really don't know where this is coming from.

He may not sign here but look for him to get a multi year deal with an AAV around 14 or 15 million. That will definitively prove he's not washed.

Now the other guys out there you could say are washed but not Landry.

He production started falling off 2 years ago so it is not a blip but a downward trend now.

The thing that will show he is washed is not whether someone overpays for him, but how, wherever he goes, he will not be productive.