• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is the boring answer I feared. Ugh. Thanks though lol

it gives us significant flexibility to be aggressive and make moves if we want to/need to in a way that we werent last year because we were so stuck against the cap - last year was the only year so far in EDC's short tenure that he didnt make an in-season trade and it was almost 100% because of lack of cap flexibility

so while it may not mean anything imminently now it could mean something in mid-to-late october

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Cuts in season are gonna be a little bit weird this year. You need to after week 4 bring back Gus, Ojabo, Bowser, and Kolar.

Gus is an obvious swap for either Hill or Davis.
Bowser is probably an easy swap for Oliver.
Ojabo is a swap for Phillips?
Kolar is a swap for who?

Obviously there will be other injuries that may make this easier but kinda crazy to have 4 guys waiting in the wings already like this

Simba

Staff Member
Cuts in season are gonna be a little bit weird this year. You need to after week 4 bring back Gus, Ojabo, Bowser, and Kolar.

Kolar is a swap for who?

Obviously there will be other injuries that may make this easier but kinda crazy to have 4 guys waiting in the wings already like this
I’d opine that Ojabo is going to be much later and there’s almost surely going to be an injury.

Kolar may or may not actually come back until needed.

Easy to swap out RBs.

And not hard to find one other spot.

Bigger issue will be some of the PS guys once they exhaust their 3 call ups. A few guys down there that will probably be on the 53 at some point. Injuries will likely dictate this but could have some tough decisions at some point.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I’d opine that Ojabo is going to be much later and there’s almost surely going to be an injury.

Kolar may or may not actually come back until needed.

Easy to swap out RBs.

And not hard to find one other spot.

Bigger issue will be some of the PS guys once they exhaust their 3 call ups. A few guys down there that will probably be on the 53 at some point. Injuries will likely dictate this but could have some tough decisions at some point.
I thought after 4 weeks they either have to go to the 53 or season ending IR?

Simba

Staff Member
Also now that Fackrell signing is happening, I can finally say that I like it. Nothing great by any means but plenty of SLB experience with probably more pass rushing juice than most that play that role. Nothing great of course but a solid stopgap solution while we wait, especially since he’ll likely chill on the PS and get elevated a few times rather than occupy a 53 man spot any time soon.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Kolar is a swap for who?

if we can find a way to keep Phillips due to him being one of the better STs players in the league and Kolar could be a harbaugh IR stash. Of course we may have some injuries at that point where we can make those moves easier than it seems at this point.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
No that’s just when they’re eligible to get back to practice. They can sit on all season
Ok that's a big deal. RBs will swap, Bowser will take Oliver's spot. Kolar comes back later and so does Ojabo. So the key is using the PS to get through the first four weeks at OLB.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Ok that's a big deal. RBs will swap, Bowser will take Oliver's spot. Kolar comes back later and so does Ojabo. So the key is using the PS to get through the first four weeks at OLB.
Houston is going to be playing a lot of snaps, I hope for his age he can hold up and give us quality play.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
$60M of the $80M is guaranteed.... damn.

All positions' pay are inflating. So it's hard to understand how an increase in the cap is really going to alleviate any pain felt by a contract Lamar might sign when guarantees are increasing at every position. An OG making $20M/year? For perspective, Yanda got $10M to play the 19/20 season. The only OG's making that kind of money until now were Grand Masters and MC's.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
2 open spots on the 53 once they I/R fuller and james

figure that one of Worley or Washington will be given that spot - or at least be elevated for gameday this week - probably would be seymour otherwise but my guess is he's not healthy enough yet to elevate

not convinced we need a like-for-like elevation at OL though - we've already got 9 and not sure we need to bother adding david sharpe to the 53... he can be activated for gamedays if required but maybe he comes up if there's no one else screaming for a spot

means or fackrell could make some sense

Simba

Staff Member
2 open spots on the 53 once they I/R fuller and james

figure that one of Worley or Washington will be given that spot - or at least be elevated for gameday this week - probably would be seymour otherwise but my guess is he's not healthy enough yet to elevate

not convinced we need a like-for-like elevation at OL though - we've already got 9 and not sure we need to bother adding david sharpe to the 53... he can be activated for gamedays if required but maybe he comes up if there's no one else screaming for a spot

means or fackrell could make some sense
Yeah I feel like Means makes sense for 1 spot right now. He's going to be playing for the team for several weeks at this point so might as well just add him. Salary isn't guaranteed now that we're beyond week 1.

Will be curious to see what we do with the other. Could be a number of guys but all of the options are also eligible to be called up. I think a healthy Seymour would be the guy but with him being down for a bit still, could go any direction and just use call ups for now. Maybe it's both Means and Fackrell. Almost makes the most sense to go with vets that don't need to be waived if/when we need the spot later.

JAAM

Hall of Famer