• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Heeelllllll noooooooo
Not that I could say brown > Huntley, but at what point do any of us actually care? Like if we can get a starter for a backup, idc if our next backup is trash or not, without Lamar our season is likely over anyway and if we want Huntley to fill in for 5 games and keep us on schedule well… let’s just say it might not matter who the backup is.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Bro Tyler Huntley went 0-5 and every one of those losses he had a key play where he could have won the game but flat out lacked the qb ability to deliver.

Where is this coming from?
I know Huntley gets a lot of hate around here but it seems he's pretty well respected around the league. And if you think about it, even with his inexperience and limitations he showed a lot of poise and composure while being thrown into the toughest stretch of our 2021 schedule.
I think he had Covid in there somewhere too, right?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know Huntley gets a lot of hate around here but it seems he's pretty well respected around the league. And if you think about it, even with his inexperience and limitations he showed a lot of poise and composure while being thrown into the toughest stretch of our 2021 schedule.

Not only the toughest stretch of the schedule but the toughest stretch of the schedule when most of the team was out due to injury. There is a reason he is considered by most to be one of the top backups in the NFL if not the top backup.

Simba

Staff Member
The media considers Huntley a "star" of sorts but I'd bet teams don't. If we can see that he's got a limited arm when throwing downfield and outside the numbers, you can bet nearly every team in the league does as well. He's great when he can stay within the plan and take what's given, but he's not the type of guy that is going to take over and win you games consistently. I'm sure he'll get a shot to start eventually but I don't see him as the type of guy that teams are going to give up heavy capital to get.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’m being overly tough on him and that’s really on purpose lol I know Huntley might be one of the better backups in the league, I also think mark andrews is a PHENOMENAL target to lean on and he absolutely did, and while Huntley may be a solid backup, he’s still a backup, I don’t think a middling team like the cowboys is gonna trade resources of any value for a 6-8 week rental who MAY be able to get you to .500 in that stretch.

I believe firmly that we value and like Huntley and there’s nothing wrong with that at all, but that the media values him WAY more than other nfl execs do, because he can run the ball and look like Lamar’s shadow in those cases, media thinks other teams can catch Lamar lightning in a bottle with Huntley but it’s really disingenuous to Lamar because no matter the run ability Huntley isn’t 10% of the qb Lamar is from the pocket

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’m being overly tough on him and that’s really on purpose lol I know Huntley might be one of the better backups in the league, I also think mark andrews is a PHENOMENAL target to lean on and he absolutely did, and while Huntley may be a solid backup, he’s still a backup, I don’t think a middling team like the cowboys is gonna trade resources of any value for a 6-8 week rental who MAY be able to get you to .500 in that stretch.

I believe firmly that we value and like Huntley and there’s nothing wrong with that at all, but that the media values him WAY more than other nfl execs do, because he can run the ball and look like Lamar’s shadow in those cases, media thinks other teams can catch Lamar lightning in a bottle with Huntley but it’s really disingenuous to Lamar because no matter the run ability Huntley isn’t 10% of the qb Lamar is from the pocket
You know I'm hypersensitive about Ty, he's my guy. ^_^

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The media considers Huntley a "star" of sorts but I'd bet teams don't. If we can see that he's got a limited arm when throwing downfield and outside the numbers, you can bet nearly every team in the league does as well. He's great when he can stay within the plan and take what's given, but he's not the type of guy that is going to take over and win you games consistently. I'm sure he'll get a shot to start eventually but I don't see him as the type of guy that teams are going to give up heavy capital to get.

i think you can look at his arc and see a tyrod-esque career with a better offence for him but a little less arm talent - but more importantly for him, he gets to play before his rookie deal is over whereas tyrod was stuck on the bench for 4 years with not a single start even in relief

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think you can look at his arc and see a tyrod-esque career with a better offence for him but a little less arm talent - but more importantly for him, he gets to play before his rookie deal is over whereas tyrod was stuck on the bench for 4 years with not a single start even in relief
Tyrod did well in Buffalo in his first year, but after that, kind of phased out and yes he had much better arm talent. It's not even close.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not that I could say brown > Huntley, but at what point do any of us actually care? Like if we can get a starter for a backup, idc if our next backup is trash or not, without Lamar our season is likely over anyway and if we want Huntley to fill in for 5 games and keep us on schedule well… let’s just say it might not matter who the backup is.
Wait we talking the cb anthony brown right?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Huntley not winning any games.. unless he has gotten 3x better from last season, he is pretty bad

Simba

Staff Member
Exactly. You could do worse as a bridge guy but you could also do a whole lot better. He'll get his starting opportunity eventually and will probably make some decent money once he hits the market, but no one is going to give up anything substantial to get him. I like the guy and he probably has a decently long career ahead of him, but I'd be surprised if he's ever the unquestioned guy on a team.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Justin Tucker appreciation week continues