• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m OK getting rid of Hurst for a nice 2nd round pick in this draft. I didn’t read what other people said but I think that’s a great move because Hurst was an older guy on a rookie deal. I really liked what he could’ve been here but he wasn’t getting many looks because of Andrews and Boyle. Furthermore, we could get ourselves a WR here to replace his hands and route running in a strong draft class. We can also look at rookie TE and draft one to inject some youth as well so that’s exciting.

Campbell is a great move because even if his pass rushing drops he’s solid against the run and will make a devastating combo with Williams. He will also help our pass rushing issues and we could still get a rookie DL as well without any issues.

I’m only slightly surprised by James Hurst being cut but I guess if your name is Hurst then you’re gone here lol. Regardless, it definitely is strange considering the depth we have at IOL without Yanda.

james hurst move was to clear some cap space i think + he isnt really in ravens future plans given his suspension would be my guess

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk they seem like quintessential ozzie picks (not how they turned out but stylistically)

and even if we exclude the 2018 draft which clearly he had a heavy hand in but was still technically ozzie's draft, he nailed the 1st pick in 2019 at a position that the ravens have been historically bad at picking - hard to really create a precedent for what an EDC draft class looks like except that it normally involves a lot of moving around the board

good for eric. I said before the draft started the only WRs I liked were Hollywood brown and Aj brown.

but then he spoilt it all with out of the league by 26 jaylon ferguson and justice ''headless chicken'' hill

rossihunter2

Staff Member
good for eric. I said before the draft started the only WRs I liked were Hollywood brown and Aj brown.

but then he spoilt it all with out of the league by 26 jaylon ferguson and justice ''headless chicken'' hill

for what its worth i had (and you can still find it in the pound the table thread pre-draft) - hollywood, jaylon ferguson, justice hill and antoine wesley as pound the table guys - was ecstatic that we drafted 3 and got the 4th as a udfa

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
for what its worth i had (and you can still find it in the pound the table thread pre-draft) - hollywood, jaylon ferguson, justice hill and antoine wesley as pound the table guys - was ecstatic that we drafted 3 and got the 4th as a udfa

I saw nothing in ferguson or hill. I even watched Hill again and I just could see that there was nothing about him which made me feel like he was anything more or less than what we could find as an UDFA.

Ferguson is just too stiff and has no counter moves.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he'll pick the right positons and the wrong player knowing good old eric. He'll do a lot of trading and then dissapoint us. I had a source who knows a guy that used to work with the ravens that he was behind Correa and Kaufusi
was that the same source that sledge said that Henry was going to get a suspension due to drugs. I don't believe any of these types of sources. that's the same thing our favorite CBS reporter ... does.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I saw nothing in ferguson or hill. I even watched Hill again and I just could see that there was nothing about him which made me feel like he was anything more or less than what we could find as an UDFA.

Ferguson is just too stiff and has no counter moves.

ferguson was a projection based on his physical dominance - he's obviously raw and this is a huge offseason for him - the level of competition was such a big difference that i kind of give him a pass but it will definitely be disappointing if his hand usage and disengaging doesnt improve a ton this offseason - i need to see a drastic improvement but i think he's got the tools to do it

hill looked for most of year 1 like he didnt have great vision - that being said he showed that an increased workload and some rhythm helped him see and read better in the steelers game and then was a huge part of the offence in the titans playoff game (replacing ingram in the passing game) - again a big offseason for him

not happy to say the book is written on these guys yet at all

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
you do realize that every team could twist the reality and make it seem like they've got better. I'm telling you that unelss eric nails this draft, based on our FA so far, we're not going to be as good next year.

Good luck telling the Texans they have gotten better, or the Pats, or any team where their central players are at the tail end of their prime and they do not really have young talent.

The Ravens had a top 5 defense and are returning every key starter and upgraded the only key player that is not getting returned. This not in dispute.

They had a top 1 offense and are returning every starter except for Yanda. Instead they now have a plethora of draft picks to find 1 starter and some backups.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

well I guess you were wrong about all of those WRs. Brown and AJ Brown were two of my favorites along with DK, but there were a ton of really good WR's in 2018.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
At this rate Sam Darnold is going to end up like Andrew Luck if the Jets continue to fail to bring OL help.