• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is pretty awesome of them - Campbell especially. He had no incentive to do that, really.

and the added benefit that we're not moving any dead money into future years from the deals we've done so far - not seen any voidable years in any restructures or new deals so far...

my guess is it's partly 3 things: 1) we got screwed massively by heavily back-loading flacco and it created a ton of issues down the line because of the massive signing bonuses (on both contracts), 2) maybe a bit of conservatism around the idea that the cap is definitely going to increase massively and 3) the understanding that there are some big deals to do next year and every bit of cap space we can save on next year (and future year's) cap is very beneficial to our ability to stay competitive

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ravens Cap Space: $18,600,950

Allen Robinson Franchise Tag: $17,880,000

Just saying.
Wouldn’t we need money for the draft though? Surely we can’t go into it with less than a million lol. If we traded for Robinson, we’d have to extend him

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wouldn’t we need money for the draft though? Surely we can’t go into it with less than a million lol. If we traded for Robinson, we’d have to extend him

A contract extension would lower his cap hit to free up the room needed for the rookies but that much cap room is a lot of cap room just for us to do nothing with it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know how I feel about this. I'd like to lock him up but I don't know that I'd be willing to outbid teams to do it.

i still dont think we can afford to let him leave the building - if he leaves i don't think he's coming here - i think whatever the price-point is it's clearly something we're ok with or else we wouldn't have him coming in (certainly not before others)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That would be a very bad look and the only other route would basically be trade for a guy lol

he's the last guy who really would add anything to the corps that would make me feel in any way comfortable going into the draft...

all that would be left without sammy would be 32 yr old TY (who the colts would likely match any offer on), 33 yr old golden tate, 35 yr old desean jackson or 31 yr old marquise goodwin

and not one of those guys really moves the needle

we absolutely cannot let watkins leave the building tomorrow

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's the last guy who really would add anything to the corps that would make me feel in any way comfortable going into the draft...

all that would be left without sammy would be 32 yr old TY (who the colts would likely match any offer on), 33 yr old golden tate, 35 yr old desean jackson or 31 yr old marquise goodwin

Normally I would agree but after those restructures I wouldn’t rule out a trade. We still have Orlando on the table.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't like being in a position of desperation. It gives Watson more leverage. Hopefully Decosta won't over pay. Also, I wouldn't mind Jakcson and Tate combo. Not ideal given their age/ injury history but it would still be a boost over what we currently have. Jackson would be fun to watch until gets hurt in week 4 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAAM

Hall of Famer
A contract extension would lower his cap hit to free up the room needed for the rookies but that much cap room is a lot of cap room just for us to do nothing with it.
Exactly how I feel

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jesus just trade for ARob and get this sh!t over with

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor

Didnt Jackson sign with the Rams or was I having a fever dream?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Normally I would agree but after those restructures I wouldn’t rule out a trade. We still have Orlando on the table.

i mean for what it's worth we're almost certainly investigating some trades as well - you know EDC isn't going to be leaving stones unturned - but i'm not sure i see an obvious one where we wouldn't get fleeced in terms of value in a trade for a WR

if those restructures mean something then great - but i expect they didn't...