• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yup....

Attachments

• and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspects.gif
    and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspects.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 48

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In the midst of all the bad, here's the good fun stuff still

that's so wholesome lol
but my word the replies and qts are awful lol - so many ravens fans acting like clowns

genuinely think we're acquiring one of the worst online fanbases in the NFL right now - we have elite comms and socials teams and an elite organisation and it's a vortex of negativity on every post on every platform

Reactions: cdp

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
For me, I don't get the hate toward Z.

Yes, it absolutely sucks. Yes, I'm of the mindset that the money he would get is generational wealth on top of generational wealth he earned with the Packers and I'm not sure why I'd split hairs over generational money when I could win, but I digress.

For me, it boils down to this- we all knew this was a steal of a contract. Alternatively, the Ravens knew there were issues with Z's back.

If those issues persisted, the Ravens wouldn't hesitate to cut bait with Z. They'd save their money and their cap. On the flip side, Z should absolutely look out for himself, not the team. If he feels he needs to secure that last contract, by all means.

It does absolutely suck, but I'm tired of fans and the media being so pro-team when teams will do what's best for themselves, not the player. Players deserve to look out for themselves, too.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also at least we're not the Browns and whatever the fuck is going on there

not surprising - they briefed mortenson only yesterday or 2 days ago that they wanted an "adult" in the QB room - and im sorry but you can be critical of baker but he's mostly handled a difficult 4 years with a lot of class even if he is cocky as hell

no way id want to work for an organisation that thought so little of me and briefed against me in the media like that

Reactions: cdp

A1A

Veteran
If we all good with gambling then I so much rather take a gamble on Hunter. Younger and cmon let be real here between the two Hunter is the 20 sack guy.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
that's so wholesome lol
but my word the replies and qts are awful lol - so many ravens fans acting like clowns

genuinely think we're acquiring one of the worst online fanbases in the NFL right now - we have elite comms and socials teams and an elite organisation and it's a vortex of negativity on every post on every platform
It's bad but I did chuckle at "read the room" lol

Simba

Staff Member

Yes, it absolutely sucks. Yes, I'm of the mindset that the money he would get is generational wealth on top of generational wealth he earned with the Packers and I'm not sure why I'd split hairs over generational money when I could win, but I digress.

For me, it boils down to this- we all knew this was a steal of a contract. Alternatively, the Ravens knew there were issues with Z's back.

If those issues persisted, the Ravens wouldn't hesitate to cut bait with Z. They'd save their money and their cap. On the flip side, Z should absolutely look out for himself, not the team. If he feels he needs to secure that last contract, by all means.

It does absolutely suck, but I'm tired of fans and the media being so pro-team when teams will do what's best for themselves, not the player. Players deserve to look out for themselves, too.

I definitely get it. Go get your money if you can Z. But he also made himself look bad here solely because he was impatient enough to not let the market set itself and now he looks like a dick for backing out. But hey, if someone is calling me and offering me like $20M more or something... bye.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i dont think anyone in here is really hating on Z (at least here anyway... social media is toxic right now though) - more the circumstances (and maybe on von and chandler lol for the timing of their deals yesterday)