• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
many will be unenthused by it but i imagine the next move is going to be either michael pierce or eddie goldman
I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a small part of me that was kinda sad when I saw Josina's report yesterday that we reached out to Pierce and didn't have the money. Part of me wanted him over Z until I saw how little he costed. But now that the money is no longer a thing...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's so wholesome lol
but my word the replies and qts are awful lol - so many ravens fans acting like clowns

genuinely think we're acquiring one of the worst online fanbases in the NFL right now - we have elite comms and socials teams and an elite organisation and it's a vortex of negativity on every post on every platform
this is true of every organization and worse with larger fanbases.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a small part of me that was kinda sad when I saw Josina's report yesterday that we reached out to Pierce and didn't have the money. Part of me wanted him over Z until I saw how little he costed. But now that the money is no longer a thing...

id love to bring mike back - have no idea what the pricetag is though - but he just got cut to save 6m and his vikings deal was 3/27
market's been deflated and very few of the DTs and NTs have had any movement at all... and we also are clearly interested in goldman too

if the price is low then let's have a reunion with pierce

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Exactly. I know Baker gets clowned for being whiny and a dick but it's almost like they forgot the Brandon Weedens and Colt McCoys and DeShone Kizers that came before him. It could be so much worse.
Baker showed his toughness last season as well. He's far and away better than anything else they have had in a very long time.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I mean Miller just got $20M and Jones got $17M. Z got $8.75M. I can see why he thinks he has more value but it's also his fault for not seeing what happened in that market first.
Being the first big name to sign, he created the market number. The Bills just reset it. I hope they can salvage it after all, but not holding out much hope at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
its hard to do this because obviously we cant just ignore the last 24 hours

but if no one had ever reported about ZDS we'd all still be over the moon - Marcus Williams and Morgan Moses with a visit scheduled for eddie goldman and noted interest in a reunion with michael pierce

and on top of that a seemingly slow market for bozeman and tretter

like if we could just erase the ZDS stuff we'd all be elated - sucks that it's put a downer on a fantastic few days

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
its hard to do this because obviously we cant just ignore the last 24 hours

but if no one had ever reported about ZDS we'd all still be over the moon - Marcus Williams and Morgan Moses with a visit scheduled for eddie goldman and noted interest in a reunion with michael pierce

and on top of that a seemingly slow market for bozeman and tretter

like if we could just erase the ZDS stuff we'd all be elated - sucks that it's put a downer on a fantastic few days
This is going to be a blip on our free agency period, but even with just Williams and Moses it's been a massive success.

ZDS has just become another JLC for me, unless he changes his mind, which is unlikely.