• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would happily take OBJ at WR. In the mean time though Bateman, Andrews, and a high end running game can do a lot of good on offense as long as the line is good. If someone else can step up and even be mediocre we'll be largely set.
I'm with you on this. OBJ is a team-first dude and will give it his all after rehab. While in rehab, he'll be a good veteran presence in the WR room.

Simba

Staff Member
Interesting to note that we have another pretty weak FA class coming up next year.

Obviously Lamar is the big one but we know he'll be here on an extension or the tag.

Beyond him:
Marcus Peters (the only other big one)
Sam Koch
Mike Davis
Ben Powers
Justice Hill
Jaylon Ferguson
Ja'Wuan James
Tony Jefferson
Josh Bynes
Josh Oliver
Isaiah Mack
Kevon Seymour

If you can get Lamar figured it out, that should enable us to make another Marcus Williams type of splash if we want. Could even do something this year and spread it into next year if there's a move to be made. Not really much to concern yourself with there comp pick wise.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I think we are all high on bateman but we do have to remember:. he and lamar barely played together last year and while he did show great promise, we don't know how effective he might be.

If he doesn't show, people double andrews and we literally don't have a passing game

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yea we in trouble if we can’t swing a trade. The rest of the WRs on the market are hot trash

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lmao Jarvis’s deal is only worth up to 6 million. We’ll offer Hilton or Julio more than that, watch

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Well, we still have to clear space for the draft picks and many a couple of mil for Houston right? I don't know how much cap is left after we account for those two...
At the moment, we are in the hole, even after Boyle restructure, if you count the draft class and Houston.
We need to make few extensions/restructures to get out of red and have something to spend.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Not pissed about Landry. We knew this whole time he was going elsewhere. It was obvious. Sad to miss out on him.

SUPER pissed about the Edwards trade. That was peanuts and we really could have used him. I even brought this up weeks ago with him specifically. Like wtf. We should be able to make a trade like this to help the team

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Not pissed about Landry. We knew this whole time he was going elsewhere. It was obvious. Sad to miss out on him.

SUPER pissed about the Edwards trade. That was peanuts and we really could have used him. I even brought this up weeks ago with him specifically. Like wtf. We should be able to make a trade like this to help the team

He was traded to a NFC team and t's possible The Raiders didn't want to trade him to a AFC team especially one that I think they play against this year.