• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think expensive aging RBs are the kind of think you should be spending money on when you have an expensive QB (or any other time really)
I'll be intrigued to see what his price is. Not really interested in him, and I don't see how he doesn't end up in Miami ultimately, but will see.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'll be intrigued to see what his price is. Not really interested in him, and I don't see how he doesn't end up in Miami ultimately, but will see.
With his contract and dead cap it seems like he'll end up staying in Minnesota to me. I don't think any team is going to want to pay him as much as the Vikings are on the hook for and Miami have plenty of RBs that fit their scheme already.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
With his contract and dead cap it seems like he'll end up staying in Minnesota to me. I don't think any team is going to want to pay him as much as the Vikings are on the hook for and Miami have plenty of RBs that fit their scheme already.
Yeah I don't think that's accurate.
1. He only has $2M in base salary guaranteed. The rest can be erased. I doubt Vikings pay him $10.4M this year, so if he stays in Minnesota, its a paycut.
2. The dead $ isn't that high, and since its June, it gets spread over two years. So if they drop him this offseason, its a $5.1M hit this year, with $9M in savings. Dead $ next year is a little over $3M.

Honestly there's not much path I see to him remaining a Viking without a paycut. And I think it'd have to be a substantial one. He likely wouldn't even return as a starter.

It may not be the Dolphins (though I think it will), but you'll see more teams becoming a bit more active now, since its post June-1. Anybody who had substantial post-June 1 cut designations now have more cap space. Dolphins were one of those teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
O, we're talking about Cook on this one? I can't keep track of which acquisition makes no sense more than the other this time of year.
Yeah Hopkins being a Raven makes more sense than Cook.
lol, neither make sense. Now if we didn't have OBJ, that would be different.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Updated Cap Space following June 1st. Good news is we do have $10M more in cap compared to Buffalo & KC when it comes to potentially signing Hopkins.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why trade for Cook…

When Zeke is available and wont cost a draft pick.

Chess. :cool:
Crab cakes and football that’s what Zeke does.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Crab cakes and football that’s what Zeke does.
CrabCakeFinal.png

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know DHop would have been a nice addition but I watched that last tryout video and OBJ was making great cuts catching everything thrown his way with his hands. He looked like he still has it and wants to play ball! He is the guy we signed and he could be a serious difference maker this season. If Bateman and Flowers can ball out, our WR Corp may provide serious firepower to our offense this year. I am also not forgetting Nelson Aghalor has had a few decent seasons in the league and could have another one left in the tank. IMHO, EDC has delivered this season, it is now up to Monken and the players to step up. I am seriously excited!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why trade

I know DHop would have been a nice addition but I watched that last tryout video and OBJ was making great cuts catching everything thrown his way with his hands. He looked like he still has it and wants to play ball! He is the guy we signed and he could be a serious difference maker this season. If Bateman and Flowers can ball out, our WR Corp may provide serious firepower to our offense this year. I am also not forgetting Nelson Aghalor has had a few decent seasons in the league and could have another one left in the tank. IMHO, EDC has delivered this season, it is now up to Monken and the players to step up. I am seriously excited!
I think Flowers is gonna be the real deal and OBJ is gonna provide that solid presence and yeah I seen that same video. The wild card in all this is Bateman.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Flowers is gonna be the real deal and OBJ is gonna provide that solid presence and yeah I seen that same video. The wild card in all this is Bateman.
if Bateman can continue what he was doing last year prior to his injury, sans the drops, than he can be a true #1. His nuanced route running provides something we as a franchise haven't had in the past prior to drafting him. It's why I wanted to draft him as early as October 2020.