• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
the defensive core of this team is so exciting

all these guys are 27 years old or younger and contracted through at least 2025:
DL:
Madubuike
Roquan
Hamilton
Marlo
Marcus Williams

and then add in these guys who are already proven and also around through at least 2025 too:
Washington
Jones

it's a really strong group to build around and it doesnt even include odafe or stephens

if trenton simpson or david ojabo (or both) hit this year, then this defence continues to be in business for years to come
im still scared for zach orr though! Hopefully our core guys are so good that we still are able to play decent.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah. As long as Josh Allen has a few weapons they're in the hunt. One good draft can easily keep them as a playoff team.
Good point. He is the one QB after my son, of course, who has the potential to carry the entire team on his back with his play... I believe he is the second most valuable QB in the league all by himself with no star weapons.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
im still scared for zach orr though! Hopefully our core guys are so good that we still are able to play decent.
I don't believe Harbs or the front office brain trust (including Ozzie, and EDC) would've even entertained the idea when they let Anthony Weaver and other DCs to be go from the roster, if they weren't confident Zack Orr would be better than them for us. Have some faith, friend. I have great faith in Zack Orr and his abilities.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
the defensive core of this team is so exciting

all these guys are 27 years old or younger and contracted through at least 2025:
DL:
Madubuike
Roquan
Hamilton
Marlo
Marcus Williams

and then add in these guys who are already proven and also around through at least 2025 too:
Washington
Jones

it's a really strong group to build around and it doesnt even include odafe or stephens

if trenton simpson or david ojabo (or both) hit this year, then this defence continues to be in business for years to come

I'm really excited to see what Simpson can do. I loved what I saw from him against the Steelers at the end of the season and how he attacks the ball carriers. Dude can fucking HIT

Old Bay

Veteran
Expected to be $32M a year, $95M guaranteed in the first 3 years. Absolutely massive deal. Glad we got Beeks done first. He’s not quite at Jones’ level right now but still a sizable gap in those deals.
Yep, That's a lot of guaranteed money. But Madman really just hitting his prime. I'm happy to see him get signed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm really excited to see what Simpson can do. I loved what I saw from him against the Steelers at the end of the season and how he attacks the ball carriers. Dude can fucking HIT

yeah i loved what i saw too against the steelers
but it was wild because i saw none of that in preseason or college lol

if he really has taken a step then that's super exciting because he's even bigger, faster and more explosive than PQ

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Harbs or the front office brain trust (including Ozzie, and EDC) would've even entertained the idea when they let Anthony Weaver and other DCs to be go from the roster, if they weren't confident Zack Orr would be better than them for us. Have some faith, friend. I have great faith in Zack Orr and his abilities.
I hope this is true, but I'm a little dubious on it. What I do hope, tho - more than anything, is if they have true confidence in Orr, and that the position didn't just trickle down to him, that he just maybe demonstrates some devotion to the team, assuming he's successful, for giving him the chance and hangs around for a while instead of jumping up the NFL coaching ladder to the next needy team in 2025.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

if he really has taken a step then that's super exciting because he's even bigger, faster and more explosive than PQ
just as BK was your guy during the Forum Mock. Chris Jones was my guy. Drafted him in the middle of the 2nd round.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I drove that Clowney train.. y’all laughed at me.

Don’t be made fools again..

Join me.

IMG_3315.jpeg

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we're getting in this FA RB market, the only guy I want is Saquon. No thanks to Henry or Jacobs. I guess Pollard would be ok but Saquon is your home run hitter.

A room of Saquon, Hill, Mitchell, and a draft pick would be really nice. It's possible if saquon gets a real contract from us, they don't spend a draft pick this year and either try to bring back JK or Gus on the super cheap or commit to another UDFA strategy. But with what Decosta has said about this RB class, I would bet he thinks a late round pick is a waste.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

PQ was far more than just an athlete though, PQ was a first rounder despite a lot of things going against him and a highly touted LB class, because he played with insane anticipation, there was so much to work with there because he played as if he was a film junkie and with supreme confidence.

One can only hope Simpson has what PQ has between the ears.