• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hate that we lost Darby, he played well for us last year. Sure tacklers like him make everyone around them better.
Random, but he is a local guy that played HS ball with Tavon Young.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely bonkers that the RB market has been so busy. I know the draft is weak there but I still didn’t expect this.
I mean its busy, but it's not robust. Basically Barkley and Jacobs are the only two who have crossed $10M in AAV, and Jacobs deal is a one year deal with rolling team options.
Everybody else is signing for like $6-8M on short deals, or less.

And they're smart to sign now, because the market only gets worse.

Simba

Staff Member
I mean its busy, but it's not robust. Basically Barkley and Jacobs are the only two who have crossed $10M in AAV, and Jacobs deal is a one year deal with rolling team options.
Everybody else is signing for like $6-8M on short deals, or less.

And they're smart to sign now, because the market only gets worse.
I literally said it was busy, not robust…

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I’m just concerned about Henry’s fit in Monken scheme .

I think Monken can make it work but of course ideally Henry isn't the type of running back Monken would necessarily want as his starting running back as he doesn't bring any unique ability as a pass catcher. He can catch passes from the flat and from screens though

Simba

Staff Member
Starting to feel like Henry or bust
Zrebiec saying Henry or a modest-priced vet but not sure who’s left out there who would qualify as that…
Damien Harris, D’Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Alex Mattison

None really move the needle for me personally but all guys that have had starting opportunities in the past and can probably still play in the league.