• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Patrick, go fuck yourself.
See! This is why I didn't buy this cat's jersey. I was born on October '6' and thought about picking up Queen's jersey for that reason but I never felt compelled to pull the trigger on it. Best 'no-investment' in a jersey that I ever made. I may continue to rock my 'legends' jerseys (i.e., Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Haloti Ngata etc.) instead of all of these young bucks cause they don't stay on the team long enough.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
See! This is why I didn't buy this cat's jersey. I was born on October '6' and thought about picking up Queen's jersey for that reason but I never felt compelled to pull the trigger on it. Best 'no-investment' in a jersey that I ever made. I may continue to rock my 'legends' jerseys (i.e., Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and Haloti Ngata etc.) instead of all of these young bucks cause they don't stay on the team long enough.
good choice and reason I have Lamar Jacksons jersey. This 'cat' is going to be here for a long time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The King Henry signing may end up being the first time Lamar doesn't lead the team in rushing yards, since he became a starter.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would be wild to go from having fun to the worst team in the league and probably not having fun

If they’re gonna offer him a ton of guaranteed money over multiple years he’ll take it

He’s been content to sign late the last few years because he only had 1 year deals on the table at non-spectacular price points

This might be his only chance to truly cash in so don’t begrudge him that at all

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Would be wild to go from having fun to the worst team in the league and probably not having fun

Him going to Carolina would be like Suggs signing with Arizona. It would be about the money and then late in the year he would ask for his release.

Simba

Staff Member
If they’re gonna offer him a ton of guaranteed money over multiple years he’ll take it

He’s been content to sign late the last few years because he only had 1 year deals on the table at non-spectacular price points

This might be his only chance to truly cash in so don’t begrudge him that at all
Oh I’d 100% get it. I’ll never say a guy shouldn’t take the money. The irony of his agent making it a point that he had fun and wanted to be back and then possibly going to Carolina is just a wild departure lol

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
The King Henry signing may end up being the first time Lamar doesn't lead the team in rushing yards, since he became a starter.

It's possible but Lamar being the leader in rushing yards is kind of misconception given that the ravens usually run their running backs by committee. Gus Edwards wasn't really far off from the rushing yards Lamar Jackson had and probably most likely have been the leading rusher if he wasn't rotating in and out of the offense with Justice Hill and Keaton Mitchell. I don't' expect Derrick Henry to get 280 carries in this offense like he did last year with the titans but if he can still get in some explosive runs then he should have another 1,000 rushing yard type season .

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
One Joey Bosa please.

I honestly don't understand why Bosa is on that list. If you just compare Bosa to Mack, Bosa is four years younger, every bit as productive, has two years remaining on his deal as opposed to one, and in terms of actual cash, costs several million $ less.
I have no idea who would arrive at the conclusion that you keep Mack over Bosa.

And I also have no idea why, if you're going to keep one of the two receivers, you don't extend one of them. Both are in the final year of their deal. Really makes no sense to keep them for just one year.
I think they'll cut Williams and look to do a 1-2 year extension with Allen ASAP.