• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
it's not about being confident in finding early starters, but it's being confident in your talent identification and development processes and understanding that you'll miss sometimes

part of the drafting success with the OL is identifying scheme/organisational fits - the stability within the front office, scouting department and coaching staff gives us a leg up on other teams

doesnt mean we'll necessarily nail our picks, and that's why i think their clearly fine with Mekari/faalele for 2024 in the worst case scenario - i imagine they'd love to (and expect to) improve the OT position through the draft but they won't rely on it... and they definitely won't force a bad pick
I agree. I wasn't arguing with your reasoned approach to begin with.

I was questioning the assumption that they can find a good RT on Day 3 just because they're the Ravens (and by implication saying I'd be very happy with them picking a good RT prospect at 30.)

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I honestly wouldn’t mind Mike as that field stretcher. He might be affordable coming off of injury

You want a affordable field stretcher?

DJ Chark.

He can be this year's Nelson Agholor. Should come cheap and is still young and fast af. His 1 year with the terrible panthers should lower his price.

Simba

Staff Member
After today's moves, we only have 51 guys under contract currently, and 9 draft picks. Definitely going to be adding a lot of veterans, even if they're the Melvin Gordon or Laquon Treadwell types later in the offseason.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yo we just lost 3 starters on the OL. Your OL right now could be

Stanley (huge injury risk)
Sala
Linderbaum
Cleveland
Faalele

Mekari general 6 man. You can't just draft your way out of that mess

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sala
Linderbaum
Cleveland
Faalele

Vorhees over Sala... but yeah, still concerning.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Sala
Linderbaum
Cleveland
Faalele

Stanley
Vorhees/Sala
Linderbaum
Cleveland
Mekari/Faalele

not ideal but also not even close to the worst OL in the league at this point in the offseason

we will be drafting at least 1 OL
we will probably add a vet to add to the competition

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Aite which one of ya’ll is this

IMG_0017.jpeg