• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
got bozeman in the same draft as orlando in 2018, senat was a miss

got powers in 2019 as well as mekari as a udfa

bredeson and phillips obviously misses in 2020

2021 maybe cleveland is a miss... but he also may be about to follow the same trajectory as a 4th year starter as some of our other former guys

2022 obviously linderbaum is already a pro bowler and we'll see about faalele (who was a developmental pick anyway)

but also worth noting a lot of these guys weren't even day 2 picks

we've been significantly better than most of the rest of the league drafting OL
Drafting mostly developmental guys caught up with us. Taking 3 years to develop into passable starter (if we're lucky) is not sustainable

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Drafting mostly developmental guys caught up with us. Taking 3 years to develop into passable starter (if we're lucky) is not sustainable
Perks of having existing starters that are better already. Realistically, a lot of the guys you take on day 3, and especially later in day 3, are going to fall into this category. Regardless of position. If you can really get a starter at any point out of a 5th or 6th round pick, its generally viable.

Most of these guys on most teams end up as depth players or get cut before their rookie contract is even done.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm actually not too worried about the OL... as of right now at least.

You've got 2 starters locked in with Stanley and Linderbaum. I've been approaching it all offseason that at least 1 of the G spots is going to be occupied by a younger guy, probably Cleveland in this case.

That leaves 2 open OL spots at LG and RT. Neither is barren although there are some big question marks still. RT you're probably looking to add but have a known solid option in Mekari and a guy that has had moments in Faalele as fallback options. LG you have Vorhees and Sala who are complete unknowns but still options.

All in all, you're probably looking to add 2 starter-ish guys either via the draft or FA, but you aren't dead in the water if you can only get 1.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Somebody photo shop Hollywood in a Ravens jersey. I’m trying to see something
Best I can do, still learning photoshop.

y0kbkkgknlvjevoxlswp.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the alternative at OL is drafting guys early every year

the ravens have mostly gotten away with it (at least on the interior) by drafting multiple guys most years and having a conveyer belt of guys so that the misses dont kill you

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bro just wanted to get paid lol. He didn’t care by who

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If we were to land Deebo along with Henry... oh man. Hope it happens but I imagine the 49ers will ask for too much.