• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plays like a Raven
IMG_3393.jpeg

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
My guess with Jones is that he will be rotated with Stanley like they were doing with Mekari last year. Good swing tackle depth, doesn't change that we need a starter at RT

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess with Jones is that he will be rotated with Stanley like they were doing with Mekari last year. Good swing tackle depth, doesn't change that we need a starter at RT

Nobody here have faith in Daniel Faalele huh?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don't think Ronnie is in any danger of losing his job to Jones. Think Jones adds some competition and depth to the interior spots and RT, probably with little guarantee. He's seemingly settled into a guy that won't kill you if he has to come in and play a spot for a few games, but isn't a sure fire starter either.

think all josh jones signing does is allow the ravens flexibility to start Mekari at RT if they want with the knowledge that they still have a backup at LT that they don't hate

in the best case, you kick the tyres on a talented prospect who's never quite lived up to it and you develop him into a starter

in the worst case, he allows our current swing tackle to be our RT and becomes a swing tackle with a little G flexibility in a pinch on gamedays

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He's as WR3 as it gets, and I mean that in a good way.

a good complement to what we already have too
played on the ball in that "x" role a ton in detroit

would give you a nice 4 WR rotation with Zay as the z, bateman rotating between the slot and the x with reynolds too and then agholor you can move around the slot and the z

would really like the reynolds addition if we can make it happen