• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
If the reported numbers are indeed $5M/year, it seems cheap on the surface but is actually a shrewd move. On Bateman's side, he hasn't proven anything yet. If he bombs this year, finding a guaranteed long-ish term deal may be difficult. In this instance, he gets money now that sets him up for life at this point most likely. He goes out and plays well and he'll be back on the FA market at only 27 years old and has a chance to cash in yet again. It's betting on himself but also with the realization that it could go the opposite way.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the reported numbers are indeed $5M/year, it seems cheap on the surface but is actually a shrewd move. On Bateman's side, he hasn't proven anything yet. If he bombs this year, finding a guaranteed long-ish term deal may be difficult. In this instance, he gets money now that sets him up for life at this point most likely. He goes out and plays well and he'll be back on the FA market at only 27 years old and has a chance to cash in yet again. It's betting on himself but also with the realization that it could go the opposite way.
Well and the fact that it's really like 2 for 13, considering he was already under contract this year @ like $2.3M. So he gets an additional $12.5M over two years.

Which given his production in the league, I think $6-7M/year is reasonable. I suspect it'll be a little more, but will see.

Simba

Staff Member
Penei Sewell the next guy to get a deal today... 4 years/$112M

I'd be floored if we aren't aiming OL early in the next couple of days

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Good move by ravens.. if we get another wr, it could possibly drop bateman down the depth again so atleast he gets his money still. However, he can out perform his contract so maybe he was just trying to play it safe

Simba

Staff Member
Could EDC hate him so much that he just waits for him to report shit and then torpedos said shit?
I mean *** did jump all over DeCosta several weeks ago about being a liar and that he'd expose the texts and stuff like that. Guess it never occurred to him because he gets fed bullshit, then reports said bullshit, and therefore cannot be trusted. The lies are on purpose lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey guys, me again! Anyone who thought we were trading Bateman, he’s actually getting a 3 year extension lol. 5m per season.
absolute steal and great move. Have to give Bateman a ton a credit for doing this as well.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Trade Drama in Cincinnati. Tee Higgins already requested a trade, now star pass rusher Trey Hendrickson has requested a trade.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Bateman on an affordable deal seems like a really smart move. The Y5 option seemed like too much to pay so essentially taking the same money and turning it into a Y5 and 6 option is a really good compromise. WRs that can get open in the NFL are never going to be cheap.

I still believe in Bate. Maybe knowing he's going to be around for another 3 years will force Lamar to put a bit of trust in him, even though he's not from Florida.