• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
My baby momma will prove himself else he gon
Ravens pass rusher in a contract year… your baby momma about to ball out and you’re about to be a sugar baby

Simba

Staff Member
I think it was an easy decision on Oweh. Sack numbers aren’t there but the pressure numbers are. Hopefully this is the year he takes the next step. Even if not, he’s still a valuable player - maybe not 5th year option price level but I’d rather take the risk that he ascends than be forced to pay him based on 1 year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it was an easy decision on Oweh. Sack numbers aren’t there but the pressure numbers are. Hopefully this is the year he takes the next step. Even if not, he’s still a valuable player - maybe not 5th year option price level but I’d rather take the risk that he ascends than be forced to pay him based on 1 year.

think he was in a similar position to madubuike last year - but they have the ability to put off the contract year an extra year

they know that at worst, he'll be a decent starter-level edge player in a rotation and that it's maybe a slight overpay if he doesnt continue his trajectory or regresses slightly

but you may also get a cheap year (or two) of an ascending game-wrecker off the edge

the only way this doesnt work out is if he gets injured (now that it's all fully guaranteed)

Simba

Staff Member
Not that we had a lot to worry about with how many guys we lost, but comp picks no longer factor in signings after 4pm today.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
only reason we might have been waiting to sign guys is if we were planning on handing out a contract with a decent APY

because we're currently +7 in com pick maths lol and we only get to keep 4
yep, too bad it can't be spread over a couple seasons. Should get a 4, 5 and 2 6ths next season in comp picks.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hey John, can I copy your homework? "Sure, Jim." From the hiring of a Harbaugh as a Head Coach, hiring Greg Roman as OC and now the 1 year deal for a receiver that is supposed to make you excited lol. The Los Angeles Chargers Ravens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey John, can I copy your homework? "Sure, Jim." From the hiring of a Harbaugh as a Head Coach, hiring Greg Roman as OC and now the 1 year deal for a receiver that is supposed to make you excited lol. The Los Angeles Chargers Ravens.

let's not forget Marc Trestman is on staff as well

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Ok, I actually didn't know that. The hell does Greg Roman and Marc Trestman have on the Harbaugh Family to keep getting hired?

Fans have their opinion on Greg Roman but he's a good offensive coordinator. Marc Trestman didn't work out with the ravens especially in this second season with the team but he's still a pretty smart offensive mind. Trestman could possible be a big help to Roman passing concepts wise and overall be a good mentor/guidance if needed. Some of these offensive coordinators that we deem as terrible are still pretty intelligent and can be assets as position coaches/assistant offensive coaches

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Odell to the Dolphins

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
He won't do much for Miami.

He still has his hands but his inability to stay healthy is just going to get in the way.