• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Playoffs, The Playcalling and The Refs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Great win but the weather combined with the playcalling was pretty bad. Possibly the worst game of lamar's season. Nice that we can get the win despite a number of factors not working out in our favour including some atrocious refball on multiple drives - promising that outside of 2 plays the bills couldnt beat our defence without some pretty significant and consistent help from the refs.

Additional worry in the form of Mark Andrews.

Lots of things to improve.

But we're confirmed in the playoffs. So Let's Go. And on to next week

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
First game we looked like playing gimmick offense. I can't pinpoint the exact reason but I think our O line played really bad game. Bills D front was great today.

Fuck the refs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this angry and pissed off from a win. While our defense lacked composure, the refs did everything in their power to hose us with ticky tacky calls. Fuck the Bills. Fuck our pretty playcalling. And absolutely double and triple motherfuck the refs.

Now...that being said, ugly win against a stout defense but this kind of game shows me the character of this team. Hopefully Andrews injury isn't too bad, but who knows.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
the absolute biggest thing that comes out of this game is andrews health - doesnt even matter at this point if he has to sit a few weeks as long as he's around for the playoffs

I recall him walking to the sidelines after that play..kinda jogging in fact. Look..keep him under wraps for 5 weeks if you must. We beat the jets and the patriots lose today and we'll still have the 1 seed.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this angry and pissed off from a win. While our defense lacked composure, the refs did everything in their power to hose us with ticky tacky calls. [profanity deleted] the Bills. [profanity deleted] our pretty playcalling. And absolutely double and triple motherfuck the refs.

Now...that being said, ugly win against a stout defense but this kind of game shows me the character of this team. Hopefully Andrews injury isn't too bad, but who knows.

I mean the refs also gave a few calls the Ravens way that were questionable so it goes both ways.

play calling wasn’t good, execution not great, and some really good D from the bills. But those refs tho.......

Inqui

Pro Bowler
This was our first properly bad game since the Browns and I'm genuinely unsure how worried we should be going forward.

If it's just a product of us having a bad game, I'm not too concerned. It happens to every team and it's nice that we squeaked out the W. But I'm also worried that even outside the useless gimmick plays it felt like the Bills managed to shut down Lamar in a way that we haven't seen for a while.

Again if that's just the Bills playing well (or us playing badly), then that's not the end of the world and hopefully we can put 40 on the Jets next week. But if this week was the Bills being the side that finally figured us out, that could be a serious problem for the playoffs.

I'd be interested to see what someone smarter than me has to say on the matter, but I guess only time will have the definitive answer.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Although I hate close games this just brings us closer together as a team and helps up in the long run. Especially these bad weather games. Odds are that's what its gonna be like in the playoffs.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wish the refs were held more accountable. They need fines or suspensions or something on these bogus ass calls. Its getting ridiculous